Changing your life

Nice one marrow. One of the only SMBrs I've met in real life. If I'd known you were struggling I'd have gone for a pint or two and a chat. Nowt gay or owt like. Great to see you've turned things around. Take care fella.
Nice one marrow. One of the only SMBrs I've met in real life. If I'd known you were struggling I'd have gone for a pint or two and a chat. Nowt gay or owt like. Great to see you've turned things around. Take care fella.

Rarely post on here anymore.. poster formerly known as littlerobbieh and slow joe but wanted to make a post that might inspire others who are in a bad place. Had bad depression all my life, always hated myself, been overweight and other stuff. Decided in Sept to try to turn my life around, weighed 16 stone 10 and was as low in morale as I could be. Took 7 months off the alcohol, trained, ate better, looked after myself. Now I currently weigh 11 stone 6 and wanting to get down to about 10 stone 8. Not only that my mental health and confidence is amazing, I feel and look like a different person, regularly running 15-20 miles about 4 or 5 times a week. It’s so liberating actually liking yourself and thinking you have a purpose in life, being able to do stuff with my son and chatting to people not trying to hide in my shell. I’m 41 now and have my whole life ahead of me, met a great lass who I’m only mates with but hopefully it might lead somewhere. Life is good. Had some great times on here in the past, some lovely people who post on here. Hope everyone is well.
Well done mate. You’ve shown what can be achieved. It can be done. Brilliant.

Thanks for the nice comments, been nice reading and hopefully anyone who was in the place I’ve always been in can take something from it. I won’t be posting regular but will dip in and out occasionally. Hope everyone is happy and keep being nice people. This is a great board. Haway the lads.
You are a much loved poster. Take care marra and cracking effort. 👍🤘

Rarely post on here anymore.. poster formerly known as littlerobbieh and slow joe but wanted to make a post that might inspire others who are in a bad place. Had bad depression all my life, always hated myself, been overweight and other stuff. Decided in Sept to try to turn my life around, weighed 16 stone 10 and was as low in morale as I could be. Took 7 months off the alcohol, trained, ate better, looked after myself. Now I currently weigh 11 stone 6 and wanting to get down to about 10 stone 8. Not only that my mental health and confidence is amazing, I feel and look like a different person, regularly running 15-20 miles about 4 or 5 times a week. It’s so liberating actually liking yourself and thinking you have a purpose in life, being able to do stuff with my son and chatting to people not trying to hide in my shell. I’m 41 now and have my whole life ahead of me, met a great lass who I’m only mates with but hopefully it might lead somewhere. Life is good. Had some great times on here in the past, some lovely people who post on here. Hope everyone is well.
Nice one. Well done.

Been for a few pints today marra? :lol:

Well done mate. You're a good lad and its great to see you're happier, I would never wish any harm on you, to be honest even if I did I'd never catch a fit fucker like yersel. That said I have got a hire car at the minute so watch your back. 😉

Over the years, you've provided a lot of laughter for this place. If there's such a thing as Karma then you deserve a bit of it (the good type). Well played and I hope things move on to the next level for you and your friend.

Good stuff. Keep it going as that’s an impressive weight loss. Keeping off the booze is tough, the longest i kept off booze was 3 months and it does make you feel good.

one of the hardest things in life is to pull yourself out of a rut. It often takes a (usually bad) life changing event to trigger big changes, so all the more credit to you.

need to do similar myself so thanks for posting .

Back