Changing your life

sponge

Midfield
Rarely post on here anymore.. poster formerly known as littlerobbieh and slow joe but wanted to make a post that might inspire others who are in a bad place. Had bad depression all my life, always hated myself, been overweight and other stuff. Decided in Sept to try to turn my life around, weighed 16 stone 10 and was as low in morale as I could be. Took 7 months off the alcohol, trained, ate better, looked after myself. Now I currently weigh 11 stone 6 and wanting to get down to about 10 stone 8. Not only that my mental health and confidence is amazing, I feel and look like a different person, regularly running 15-20 miles about 4 or 5 times a week. It’s so liberating actually liking yourself and thinking you have a purpose in life, being able to do stuff with my son and chatting to people not trying to hide in my shell. I’m 41 now and have my whole life ahead of me, met a great lass who I’m only mates with but hopefully it might lead somewhere. Life is good. Had some great times on here in the past, some lovely people who post on here. Hope everyone is well.

Rarely post on here anymore.. poster formerly known as littlerobbieh and slow joe but wanted to make a post that might inspire others who are in a bad place. Had bad depression all my life, always hated myself, been overweight and other stuff. Decided in Sept to try to turn my life around, weighed 16 stone 10 and was as low in morale as I could be. Took 7 months off the alcohol, trained, ate better, looked after myself. Now I currently weigh 11 stone 6 and wanting to get down to about 10 stone 8. Not only that my mental health and confidence is amazing, I feel and look like a different person, regularly running 15-20 miles about 4 or 5 times a week. It’s so liberating actually liking yourself and thinking you have a purpose in life, being able to do stuff with my son and chatting to people not trying to hide in my shell. I’m 41 now and have my whole life ahead of me, met a great lass who I’m only mates with but hopefully it might lead somewhere. Life is good. Had some great times on here in the past, some lovely people who post on here. Hope everyone is well.
Gerrin marra!

Class! Nothing like getting in shape for a complete reboot. If you can lose weight like that you can do anything!

If things don't work out with that lass then it's not meant to be. Don't tie your happiness to that but good luck all the same.

Class! Nothing like getting in shape for a complete reboot. If you can lose weight like that you can do anything!

If things don't work out with that lass then it's not meant to be. Don't tie your happiness to that but good luck all the same.
Na I’m in the mindset of what will be will be. Had a shit marriage and won’t be going down that route again haha.

Great to hear mate. You are a good egg and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. 👍

Fantastic mate, well done.

Very well done mate. 👍
A great tale of triumph over adversity. 👏👏👏👏
I don't for one second, think that overcoming your problems was at all easy, but you persevered and triumphed, and others can do, too.
People can take inspiration from you, to hopefully find a positive way, to overcome their own problems/issues.

Best wishes. 👍

That's brilliant mate👏👏👏

Always liked your posts and am chuffed for you. Take care marra👍

Last edited:
Love owt like this me.

It’s great to hear that you are doing OK, I remember you posting under your previous usernames and I always thought you came across as an honest and decent lad while sharing your feelings with the board.
Really hope things keep going in the right direction for you and your son.

Back