Changing obscure currency

__howdy__

Striker
I have around £50 in Macao dollars. Unfortunately neither my bank, nor any of the currency exchanges in the city will exchange it.

Anyone had similar experiences? If so, are there any online places etc they know of that would change it.

I have around £50 in Macao dollars. Unfortunately neither my bank, nor any of the currency exchanges in the city will exchange it.

Anyone had similar experiences? If so, are there any online places etc they know of that would change it.

Don't know any online places.
You tried you bank, or a currency exchange somewhere in the city?

If it helps I will be in HK in June (I presume I will be able to change it there) and can change it for you then. MSG me nearer the time if you don't get a resolution.

There’s a place online that will take them - then money transfer you back. I had a couple of pre euro notes for Prague and Belgium in my purse for years and exchanged them a year or so ago

I’ll try and find details in my emails - edit this was them

Leftover Currency - Exchange Rates

Ah man macao not on their list

Last edited:
Just go to Macao on holiday

Where do you think I got it :lol:

It's been sitting in pot with the multiple currency odds and ends I have left over since I was there 18 months ago. I tried when I came back to change it but in the end gave up. I stumbled across it when looking for what I had left over in another currency last week.

Last edited:
A lad from work bought £13,000 worth of Iraqi dinar when the US were invading, on the knowledge that the Kuwaiti dinar went sky- high after the First Gulf War. The economy crashed to fuck, and he held on to them- in a suitcase under his bed.

Unbeknown to him, the only place to now exchange these dinar is in the actual central bank in Baghdad, so unless he books a flight out there with said suitcase, he's pretty much fucked :lol:

A lad from work bought £13,000 worth of Iraqi dinar when the US were invading, on the knowledge that the Kuwaiti dinar went sky- high after the First Gulf War. The economy crashed to fuck, and he held on to them- in a suitcase under his bed.

Unbeknown to him, the only place to now exchange these dinar is in the actual central bank in Baghdad, so unless he books a flight out there with said suitcase, he's pretty much fucked :lol:

:lol::lol:

How big and thick are the notes? £13k is little more than a wash bag in size.

Tell him that a lad off the board would like to know if he has any use for some magic beans

I’ve held on to large amounts of Swedish Krona, mainly because despite being a ‘lot of money’ physically, it’s not a lot of money in terms of its value so I’ve not exchanged it.

The link I posted earlier exchanges them

Back