Changing National Teams

Dual nationality is something which is far bigger than the game of cricket.

I’m not sure you should be able to play for another country’s senior team if you’ve already played for one mind. Although I do tend to feel like this isn’t so bad if it’s an associate nation from a full member nation (and vice versa).

I think it’s a farce to be honest. What’s stopping a country like Qatar for example, paying all the best cricketers in the world huge amounts of money to represent them at the 2023 or 2027 World Cup.

I think it’s a farce to be honest. What’s stopping a country like Qatar for example, paying all the best cricketers in the world huge amounts of money to represent them at the 2023 or 2027 World Cup.

Didn’t it happen in Athletics where Kipketer/ Kiptanui signed for a gulf state?

I agree with Brandon above though. I don’t mind Ireland having Tim Murtagh to help them develop but I think it’s poor that a major nation is allowed to pinch Morgan/ Rankin/ Joyce from them.

Hopefully the money from T20 franchises will help players from associates make a decent living while remaining with their proper country.

Didn’t it happen in Athletics where Kipketer/ Kiptanui signed for a gulf state?

I agree with Brandon above though. I don’t mind Ireland having Tim Murtagh to help them develop but I think it’s poor that a major nation is allowed to pinch Morgan/ Rankin/ Joyce from them.

Hopefully the money from T20 franchises will help players from associates make a decent living while remaining with their proper country.
It’s the same with Rugby Union, the smaller nations produce some outstanding players then the big boys come and take them.

Dual nationality is something which is far bigger than the game of cricket.

I’m not sure you should be able to play for another country’s senior team if you’ve already played for one mind. Although I do tend to feel like this isn’t so bad if it’s an associate nation from a full member nation (and vice versa).
Sums up my thoughts exactly

Back