Changing Large Sums of Money from Dollars to Pounds

Fwiw I use revolut regularly for when I go to the states. It's instant but you can only take 200 quid a month out in cash before it charges you. The difficulty would be getting the usd into the account. HSBC and citi charge for multi currency account.

Never used it to exchange large amounts into a foreign currency but I quite regularly loop my credit card balance to my bank account using Revolut.

You can transfer however much you want and it’s instant.

Edit: however much you want depending on the limit they set you, and if they approve it every time to ask to increase*

Last edited:
Never used it to exchange large amounts into a foreign currency but I quite regularly loop my credit card balance to my bank account using Revolut.

You can transfer however much you want and it’s instant.

Edit: however much you want depending on the limit they set you, and if they approve it every time to ask to increase*
what limit? i've never encountered that.

what limit? i've never encountered that.

Mine was capped at £5k a day, then I got it increased to £20k after I provided source of funds and whatnot.

Then I was given two warnings for taking the piss because apparently you're not allowed to loop funds to gain airmiles and it's in their T&Cs apparently.

I've accrued 88,000 miles in two months though, that's two return flights to USA, Mexico or the Caribbean.

Mine was capped at £5k a day, then I got it increased to £20k after I provided source of funds and whatnot.

Then I was given two warnings for taking the piss because apparently you're not allowed to loop funds to gain airmiles and it's in their T&Cs apparently.

I've accrued 88,000 miles in two months though, that's two return flights to USA, Mexico or the Caribbean.
wait, did you use your credit card to top it up, then use revolut to pay it back off? surely that would charge you as a cash withdrawal rather than a purchase. like using a cc for a gambling account.

wait, did you use your credit card to top it up, then use revolut to pay it back off? surely that would charge you as a cash withdrawal rather than a purchase. like using a cc for a gambling account.

That's right. And nope, no charge.

One of my mates took his lass away on holiday in first class recently, he was the one who told me about it.

is it an amex?

Back