Changing culture of the workplace.

One of our clients has just introduced a four day week for staff (but they receive their normal pay). Apparently productivity has increased hugely, with sickness and HR complaints dropping.
I wonder how long it will be before this is (reasonably) common practice? Of the few instances I've read about companies moving to a four day week, improved productivity always seems to be one of the positive outcomes.

Nine day fortnights work well for some companies. You still do your hours of a ten day fortnight but you have the flexibility to get the work done in nine days and have day off every two weeks.

Nine day fortnights work well for some companies. You still do your hours of a ten day fortnight but you have the flexibility to get the work done in nine days and have day off every two weeks.
One of my peers at work does lots of hours and was complaining about burnout. She’s get ill often. I’m trying to convince her to move to a 9 day fortnight, and it won’t even affect her current hours because she already does it.

Breakout areas, fook them ! just an excuse to keep people apart, god forbid anyone getting friendly with someone from another part of the workplace and start plotting a revolution

I just asked the boss if we can have an office dog. He replied “only if it can do work”.

Sums up the difference between the real world of graft and some of the cloud cuckoo jobs on here perfectly.

I did nine day fortnights for a while and it was great.

Would these workplace initiatives meet with the board's approval if they applied to public sector employees?
I did my nine day fortnights in the public sector.

Back