Changing culture of the workplace.

Get reductions in a lot of chain restaurants aswell I think. There's a website with them all on but I've never bothered with it tbh.

Aye. Think i got it from Martin Lewis's site & thought it could be useful to Frijj.
But no, he thinks it doesnt count as he doesnt know about it & just dismissed as shit. Theres just no pleasing some.

Just the way you portray it really. Like you're not likely to get the same opportunities in life due to where you were born.
I’d say the opportunities are harder if your from a tough background but not impossible.Certainly the chances of working in an office id say are remote ,more than likely lads of my age and ilk tend to go down the route of more bloke type jobs .(construction ,fabrication ,mechanical ,driving jobs etc )
To me a good attitude will get you where you want to be in the uk .

Aye. Think i got it from Martin Lewis's site & thought it could be useful to Frijj.
But no, he thinks it doesnt count as he doesnt know about it & just dismissed as shit. Theres just no pleasing some.
There's a discount food shop up here for NHS workers as well. Sells stuff closeish to sell by date for a fraction of the price. Ridiculous really when people on a decent whack can still use it ahead of lower paid non-nhs workers.

I’d say the opportunities are harder if your from a tough background but not impossible.Certainly the chances of working in an office id say are remote ,more than likely lads of my age and ilk tend to go down the route of more bloke type jobs .(construction ,fabrication ,mechanical ,driving jobs etc )
Why would the chances of working in an office be remote?

Why would the chances of working in an office be remote?
Don’t know tbh ,I don’t know anyone who I knocked about with as a kid round Southwick who went to work in an office .I left in ‘94 mind so things do change .

Where I live now mind ,I’d say 90% of people work in an office .

You get a bonus for not delivering your KPIs?
It’s shades of delivery ;)

Why do you get a bonus at all for missing your KPIs and not the sack? Sounds like rewarding failure.
If I miss all my KPIs I don’t get a bonus at all and I’ll get put on a “performance development plan” ie start to get managed out.

If I miss some of them but massively overdeliver on others then it’s more of a grey area.

Last edited:
No
It’s shades of delivery ;)

If I miss all my KPIs I don’t get a bonus at all and I’ll get put on a “performance development plan” ie start to get managed out.

If I miss some of them but massively overdeliver on others then it’s more of a grey area.
I don’t even know what ours are. That’s for people higher up the food chain to worry about.

I wish that that were the case, mate. Sadly it’s not. You need much more than just attitude.
You do I agree bit luck ,bit bottle ,bit brains. I know of a lot of people who have made a good living and in some cases millions due to their extreme determination being their key asset .

So many people don't understand this. Certain people in my office are fuming they get looked over for promotions despite being 'better' at their job than those who have got them. They're adamant that it's because they don't want to promote good people, and whilst whilst might be true in some workplace settings, in this instance it's because they're a f***ing nightmare to deal with and have been blacklisted.

Their attitude to work might be good but their attitude to coworkers/anything that slightly inconveniences them is shocking.

no idea !!! my boss says it to me a lot and I still dont know what she means

Psycho babble , buzzword , management speak bollox, same as thinking outside the box and window of opportunity :rolleyes:

So many people don't understand this. Certain people in my office are fuming they get looked over for promotions despite being 'better' at their job than those who have got them. They're adamant that it's because they don't want to promote good people, and whilst whilst might be true in some workplace settings, in this instance it's because they're a f***ing nightmare to deal with and have been blacklisted.

Their attitude to work might be good but their attitude to coworkers/anything that slightly inconveniences them is shocking.

That was me to be honest, I would of hated to have worked with me :rolleyes: Nope in my experience arse licking always was and is the best way of getting promotion

Last edited:

Back