Championship transfers

I still maintain its fine just to have functional midfielders at Champo level, in the PL then yeah they need to have more about them definitely. Pritchard has already proven himself previously at this level and had 11 or 12 goal involvement the season just gone? Thats a canny output, baring in mind he came with covid and had a few other injuries too.

Its a step up aye, lets be optimistic these lads can do it though rather than writing them off already. Signings to come in to bolster the squad yet too.

I'm not writing anyone off, but you've also got to be realistic in that the step up is massive, just ask the majority of hard working sides who've already went up in the previous seasons when we didn't.

We've a chance here to make a step up in the quality of player for the step up in league. We've got enough squad players in the team already, the first team needs bolstering with some real quality now and I'm sure we're working hard to make that happen.
Disagree with most of that

And that's fine. Be a bit boring on here if everyone had the same opinion.

Looks like our striker Carlton Morris, is wanted by both Luton, and QPR.

Lad is quality, but very injury-prone. We've no choice but to sell him, because the coffers are bare.

I still maintain its fine just to have functional midfielders at Champo level, in the PL then yeah they need to have more about them definitely. Pritchard has already proven himself previously at this level and had 11 or 12 goal involvement the season just gone? Thats a canny output, baring in mind he came with covid and had a few other injuries too.

Its a step up aye, lets be optimistic these lads can do it though rather than writing them off already. Signings to come in to bolster the squad yet too.
We were promoted with Bally in midfield and under McCarthy with Whitley in midfield. I think Evans and O’Nien are probably both better than Whitley. Only get away with one though, need someone good alongside.
Sheff United have signed Tommy Doyle on loan from City.
Could be a very good signing. They look to be doing some decent recruitment.

Last edited:
I feel you'd have been better going for Woodrow, but that ship has sailed.

Well. The rumour is £2million - but, from Luton, I find that hard to swallow.

Luton are like us. A million here, a million there, but £2million feels like a lot.
In my head I had him down as a decent player (and not saying he isn't).

But looking at his goal record, it's pretty poor. He's 26 and has never managed more than 8 goals at any level of professional football.

Had a 1 in 3 record with you last season admittedly, but only managed 21 games (returning 7 goals).

Hourihane going to Derby (I know it's league one but someone who should be playing championship), that's a ridiculous signing for them, would've had him here without a doubt.
That’s a genuinely surprising move, surely better offers than that you would think. If Bannan looked good Hourihane should look top class.

Back