Championship relegation watch

Yeah pal, it’s more enjoyable winning most weeks, and being at the top end of the league, although what we’ve achieved this season is remarkable, a fantastic turnaround in fortunes, we’ve played some fantastic football too, but being in a relegation battle continually is dog wank.
You wouldn't have been though if stendel was sacked sooner

You wouldn't have been though if stendel was sacked sooner

We won’t be next season ether if we keep our squad together, but we will because we’re going to sell our best two players, to reinvest in our squad. Losing them in league one is no problem we’ve plenty enough to compete at the very top without them, but we need them in the championship they’re irreplaceable with our budget.

Are you a tad jealous of the above three

Not sure I'd use the word jealous but I wanted us to go up, of course even thought I'd have been shitting bricks unless we seriously strengthened.

If Luton, Charlton and Barnsley struggled (who I thought all looked very good sides at L1 level last year) then I can't see how these three can survive.

Wigan are going to struggle next season regardless of division their best players are being sold off by administrators to pay wages and they are going to be under some kind of transfer embargo as well

If Luton, Charlton and Barnsley struggled (who I thought all looked very good sides at L1 level last year) then I can't see how these three can survive.

Because other teams will lose players and get worse, it happens all the time. What happened this season is irrelevant to what happens next.

The three teams that got promoted all had big changes in the Summer as well. Luton changed their manager, Barnsley sold a fair few of their key players and Charlton lost Aribo in the Summer and Lyle Taylor only played half their games.

We will be forth or fifth favourite next season with those that come down and Pompey ahead of us, we are going to have a forth season at this level ain't we.

First prediction for Championship relegation 2020-21

Coventry
Rotherham
Wycombe Wanderers

Get your mortgage on it.

Wouldn't be so sure on Rotherham or Coventry. Both have good managers and Rotherham weren't far off surviving last time. There are some bad teams at the bottom of the Championship and many will have to sell to survive next season. The teams coming up have an advantage of riding a wave.

Back