Championship Manager 97 98

Rage

Winger
Here's a free download of championship manager 9798 (updated version) if anyone fancys a nostalgia trip.

You will need to download dosbox first. and then when the above file is downloaded you just click the CM9798_V2 file.

You can pick 5 nations on this, but if you pick to run England and Scottish leagues then only pick 4 (It doesn't work otherwise)

Here's a free download of championship manager 9798 (updated version) if anyone fancys a nostalgia trip.

You will need to download dosbox first. and then when the above file is downloaded you just click the CM9798_V2 file.

You can pick 5 nations on this, but if you pick to run England and Scottish leagues then only pick 4 (It doesn't work otherwise)
My first champ man, I spent a gazillion hours on this, held shits in just to see how bids went, buzzing for days with signings and had a mad knowledge of football, Fierry Henry, Dez champs. Figured out how to change the commentary to what ever I wanted. Best days of cm imo. Too complicated now

Me and my mates used to spend hours and hours every day on Champ Manager 93. Absolute class game without all the bullshit thats been added (putting your arm around players - i mean haway ffs!?!). Think the best one was Championship Manager 2 though, it was just class.

I remember getting ahold of Champ Manager Italia back in the day also - it was just Champ Manager but instead of 10 grand you talked 10 mil. All of the prices just had extra 0's on the end.

Me and my mates used to spend hours and hours every day on Champ Manager 93. Absolute class game without all the bullshit thats been added (putting your arm around players - i mean haway ffs!?!). Think the best one was Championship Manager 2 though, it was just class.

I remember getting ahold of Champ Manager Italia back in the day also - it was just Champ Manager but instead of 10 grand you talked 10 mil. All of the prices just had extra 0's on the end.
That one's available to play in your browser too.

You can still play 01/02 with the fan updates that are keeping it up to date.

It’s probably the last great champ man before it became far too involved.
I’ve tried playing it with a 21/22 update but they made the AI too hard, even with a completely overwhelming team you rarely win away games

I've been playing Champ Manager 2 - 96/97 season. I'm hovering above the relegation zone halfway through the first season with the lads. I've signed Craddock, Prosinecki(!), Marcus Gayle and maybe one other I can't think of now. I'm seemingly broke now as my transfer kitty has been gradually evaporating without my spending it due to monthly losses.

Any tips?

I've been playing Champ Manager 2 - 96/97 season. I'm hovering above the relegation zone halfway through the first season with the lads. I've signed Craddock, Prosinecki(!), Marcus Gayle and maybe one other I can't think of now. I'm seemingly broke now as my transfer kitty has been gradually evaporating without my spending it due to monthly losses.

Any tips?
From what I remember you can't actually start spending much, if anything at all, with us until you are successful.

From what I remember you can't actually start spending much, if anything at all, with us until you are successful.
I beat the Newcastle galacticos (3-2, Rae and Russell x2) with a last minute winner to stop them winning the title. I consider that successful!

Has anyone gone past a first full season on here: Championship Manager 2 | Play game online! ? Mine keeps freezing on 26% of the season rollover. I don't know if there's any solution?

Obsessed with this game. Embarrassing for a 40 year old but I love it. I like taking promoted teams from non league as far as I can. Love selecting 'interested foreign based' and finding some beast AMC from Chad or Liberia for the 5k who'll get 7.5 + average rating.

My first champ man, I spent a gazillion hours on this, held shits in just to see how bids went, buzzing for days with signings and had a mad knowledge of football, Fierry Henry, Dez champs. Figured out how to change the commentary to what ever I wanted. Best days of cm imo. Too complicated now

Was 97/98 the one where you could only bid up to 20 million.

Also where you could bid as much as you wanted then as soon as the club accepted, click adjust offer and then reduce it to zero?

I think Batistuta was the only player who you couldn't get for 20million?

or am i thinking of an earlier one?

Also where you could bid as much as you wanted then as soon as the club accepted, click adjust offer and then reduce it to zero?

Can't remember but the actual world record couldn't have been much more

Sure it was CM3. I can’t recall for certain what year that was or if it was that one but do remember it :lol:

Back