Championship clubs threatening to break away

^ This, plus I don't suppose Leeds would have thought it a great idea when each they were in the third tier not that long ago. Football is greedy and ill and clubs don't even try and hide their desperation and hypocrisy any more.

The overall concept gets mentioned from time to time, I think we were associated with a similar idea in the early/mid 90s when we couldn't get out of the Championship or whatever it was called at the time.
Only Man U, Liverpool,Everton, Spurs, Chelsea, WHU and Arsenal have never played in the third division. Leeds and Derby need to take a reality check.

Everyone managed by Clough is now languishing in the lower leagues!
Brighton?

So a side who haven't bothered the Premier League table for 15 years, and another with a legacy so toxic that only Newcastle couldn't beat them, as they became the worst PL side ever, think they are worthy of the money thrown around for sides in the division above them?

Okay .....
I thought we were the worst PL side ever?

Derby are desperate for the money. They've overspent for years with nothing in return

Leeds and Derby have unrealistic (and mouthy) owners.
The truth is that the FAPL hoovers up all the main global and local sponsorship and advertising revenue, leaving not a lot for the EFL. (and European leagues come to that). There isn't an undiscovered pot of gold out there for other clubs.
The only way forward for leagues outside the FAPL is to stick together. I'm not convinced FAPL clubs want a second division as it would mean sharing their income among more clubs. That's anathema to the big clubs who already want more of the pie for themselves.
Lah de f***ing dah!

A bit of devils advocate here. I think the lower leagues should get a bigger share of TV money. However it should be put into developing coaches and players from this country. It should also go towards better facilities for young players to train at. At the minute the Premier League TV money is effectively going abroad to buy foreign players who rarely see out 2 years of a contract.

I think they need to consider their fans in all this. They fuck off to their own little shitty league and what have their fans then got to look forward to?

I know if it was Sunderland I'd be will pissed off if we were leaving the football League!

its all about television money at the end of the day, they do have a point the Gap between the Premer league and football league gets bigger every year in terms of capital as we know all to well, having just been in that division not that long ago, and at the top before that, what i do wonder is for the future, what the plan is to get us out of the championship and back into the Premier league, because the truth is a club our size needs to be in it.

Back