Championship clubs threatening to break away

Why don't Leeds, Derby, Aston Villa and Sheff Wed all go off and form a European super Championship with Malaga, Real Oviedo, Osasuna, Hamburg, Cologne, 1860 Munich, Palermo, Lecce, Verona, Metz, Lens, Auxerre, FC Twente, Roda and whoever else.
Monaco look like they could get relegated so they could join

Foreign owners who are only interested in the ££££’s,they couldn’t give a fuck about the history of the league and the damage this could do further down the league pyramid you go. Football is fucked, greed has won!

They are ignoring the fact almost no one wants to watch Championship football, outside the fans of the clubs there. PL may be number one, but the casual fan will watch the other big leagues before the Championship.

There is a big bubble and it is sure to end in tears at some stage. The same fans the clubs treat with contempt are the ones they rely on to buy expensive TV packages

Brian Clough retired 25 years ago.
I know, just quite an interesting factlet.

Leeds and Derby have unrealistic (and mouthy) owners.
The truth is that the FAPL hoovers up all the main global and local sponsorship and advertising revenue, leaving not a lot for the EFL. (and European leagues come to that). There isn't an undiscovered pot of gold out there for other clubs.
The only way forward for leagues outside the FAPL is to stick together. I'm not convinced FAPL clubs want a second division as it would mean sharing their income among more clubs. That's anathema to the big clubs who already want more of the pie for themselves.

They are ignoring the fact almost no one wants to watch Championship football, outside the fans of the clubs there. PL may be number one, but the casual fan will watch the other big leagues before the Championship.

There is a big bubble and it is sure to end in tears at some stage. The same fans the clubs treat with contempt are the ones they rely on to buy expensive TV packages

I know, just quite an interesting factlet.

It is a fact, but they're not linked in any way.

Newcastle and Sunderland are bigger and more successful than Leeds and Derby, have played more top flight football and more premier league games and more recently.
Leeds have won 3 league titles since we last won a title and Derby have won 2. My point was that @wigwams was calling them absolute nobodies. Anyone outside of Man City, Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool and maybe Spurs wouldn't be missed by the casual fans.

Back