Champions league shake up. Edwin van de sar involved

I'd also like champions of FA cup given a place. Would certainly spice things up (Wigan would have qualified however :lol:)
That's what the Cup Winners Cup is supposed to be for ;)

One competition for the 54 UEFA champions, probably with a preliminary round to get it down to 32. Another for primary domestic cup winners, or losing finalists if someone does the double. Job's a goodun

All comes down to money and more of safety net for the supposed big 6

They want this to happen because all of a sudden your likes of the Leicester’s, West Ham, Everton etc are now challenging them for the top spots, hence the wildcards

As for reducing the premier league, carnt see this happening, to much money involved now.

All comes down to money and more of safety net for the supposed big 6

They want this to happen because all of a sudden your likes of the Leicester’s, West Ham, Everton etc are now challenging them for the top spots, hence the wildcards

As for reducing the premier league, carnt see this happening, to much money involved now.
Yup, there'll be wildcards based on European coefficients so if a team finishing 6th has a higher coefficient than the team finishing 5th they'll be the one to get the England wildcard. Nothing but protectionism of the biggest clubs, making a closed shop where the rich get richer and the rest become an irrelevance. I hate that so many club owners are now so selfish they are prepared to throw 100+ years of meritocracy out of the window. Yes, I know generally wealthier clubs have always had an edge and people have always acted in their own self interest, but what the big clubs are trying to do now is create a league that nobody else can play in.

Back