Challenge themes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been meaning to post this for ages.

I have the themes sorted until August 2012 but if anyone wants to suggest any technique based themes I'm happy to hear them. I'll use the best ones.

PM please.

Thanks AB

Last edited:

Any chance you could post up the themes you've already had (I've only been joining in this year and don't want to suggest anything you've already done).

I'll have a think then.

Cheers.

The nature of the competition / challenge changed at the beginning of the year. Previously the winner of the previous month got to choose the next theme, which meant that the themes weren't technique based.

So we only really have to look back to January for the themes for the current structure, which I think is working pretty well. The shots so far this year have, on the whole, been way better than last.

So:

Contre Jour
Composition: Rule of thirds
Urban Fragments – no people or skies
Chiaroscuro

I think we could have "best photograph of phil" - i would feel fairly confident on that one ;)

or what about themes like small things, in your kitchen (or some other room) transport or people working (lots of surreptitious pictures followed by smb members legging it and shouts of "Oi! what do you think yer doing -b****r off!"

How about something like ' In the style of.........'
Ansel Adams,Edward Weston or others.
There are plenty websites of their work to gain inspiration from

Photography to the amateur is recreation, to the professional it is work, and hard work too, no matter how pleasurable it may be.

Edward Weston

Photography to the amateur is recreation, to the professional it is work, and hard work too, no matter how pleasurable it may be.

Edward Weston

There might actually be something in this...if we end up going through a whole range of techniques then something like this could provide a lesson in the history of photography as an art. How about a theme along the lines of Cartier-Bresson's 'decisive moment' quote?

Edward Weston

I'm ahead of you both. :cool:

Already in the list for the end of this year / early next: Ansel Adams and Henri Cartier-Bresson.

Though it will be "Inspired by the style of..." rather than "In the style of..."

There will also be an opportunity to recreate a famous photograph but in your own style.

I'm going to close this now but please feel free to PM me with ideas.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back