Chainsaw

Cyrus

Winger
I've got an electric chainsaw, which has been working well. Today it's decided that once it's cut 2 inch into a bit of wood it doesn't grip or cut the wood. The upper rail isn't into the cut at this point. Any ideas as it used to cut through thick logs with no issue.

I've got an electric chainsaw, which has been working well. Today it's decided that once it's cut 2 inch into a bit of wood it doesn't grip or cut the wood. The upper rail isn't into the cut at this point. Any ideas as it used to cut through thick logs with no issue.
Do the teeth need sharpening?

They get blunt quickly with some logs..

Is it blunt ?

Check the tension, after a bit of use chains stretch slightly and will slip if not re-tensioned. grab the chain in the middle of the blade, you should be only be able to pull it away a few mill and it should snap back. I had the same thing with mine, tightened it up and was back in business.

Last edited:
It needs sharpening.

Use it as a handsaw from that point....

Sounds like the chain is blunt.

Back