Chadwick Boseman DNYT

Me neither
Big fuss cause he is a black guy
Seems to be, I saw black panther but don’t think I’ve seen him in anything else or would even know the lads name....and let’s be honest unless sailor joe starts a death thread it doesn’t really count

Battling through what we all know to be an utter, utter, hateful **** of a disease and sadly one most have likely seen a loved one suffer or die with, whilst continuing to do something he was passionate about whilst providing for his family speaks volumes about the bloke. RIP.

I'd say the big fuss is that the guy had been fighting cancer for 4 years, making films so he could leave money for the family and then succumbing to the disease way before his time (in private) hence being a shock to folks.
Also did a lot of charity work whilst suffering too.

And as other posters have pointed out, whilst spectacularly missing the point, yes a lot of the attention is because he was black, but that's because he played a Black Superhero, and gave kids that look like him representation in the films they love.

Also did a lot of charity work whilst suffering too.

And as other posters have pointed out, whilst spectacularly missing the point, yes a lot of the attention is because he was black, but that's because he played a Black Superhero, and gave kids that look like him representation in the films they love.
He seemed like a really good man all round bless him :cry:

Me neither
Big fuss cause he is a black guy
Excellent actor ( check out 42, a very good sports film, a rarity in itself) from humble background Who worked through a horrendous Disease with dignity and determination rather than make capital from it, played an iconic character in a fairly radical superhero film becoming an inspirational figure to a generation of disenfranchised kids and not a bad word said of him by anyone that knew him. Aye the fuss is obviously because of the colour of his skin. I despair sometimes.

Excellent actor ( check out 42, a very good sports film, a rarity in itself) from humble background Who worked through a horrendous Disease with dignity and determination rather than make capital from it, played an iconic character in a fairly radical superhero film becoming an inspirational figure to a generation of disenfranchised kids and not a bad word said of him by anyone that knew him. Aye the fuss is obviously because of the colour of his skin. I despair sometimes.

As a superhero? Some might say that is setting the bar a little too high for disenfranchised kids?

As a superhero? Some might say that is setting the bar a little too high for disenfranchised kids?
As an established actor from ordinary background playing superhero. There aren’t a huge number of BAME superheroes so one being represented in a huge film franchise is quite significant.

Back