Centrica (bg)

To play Devil’s Advocate, Centrica made something like £2bn profit last year. And as much as I don’t think that’s how essential services should be run, that is what they’ve been employed to do. They seem cheap by that measure.

By comparison, Premier League footballers average around a £3m salary I think. Most don’t deliver that kind of benefit.

The ceo on breakfast now
Paid £4.5m last year
It’s an essential service

Grossly over paid
He spoke better and more coherently than most CEOs I have witnessed being interviewed especially given the current energy price climate. An independent remuneration committee sets his salary, bonus etc based upon that available for similar roles. He also welcomed the introduction of a social tariff and was in favour of removal of standing charges which affects low users the most.

He spoke better and more coherently than most CEOs I have witnessed being interviewed especially given the current energy price climate. An independent remuneration committee sets his salary, bonus etc based upon that available for similar roles. He also welcomed the introduction of a social tariff and was in favour of removal of standing charges which affects low users the most.
I thought he spoke very well, had lots of numbers in his head and didn’t seem to be hiding anything, even when asked about his salary. Pay peanuts get monkeys

To play Devil’s Advocate, Centrica made something like £2bn profit last year. And as much as I don’t think that’s how essential services should be run, that is what they’ve been employed to do. They seem cheap by that measure.

By comparison, Premier League footballers average around a £3m salary I think. Most don’t deliver that kind of benefit.

I wonder (Rhetorically speaking) which company other than Centrica he would work for if the salary isn’t been commensurate with his market worth.

You have to agree with his point that the presenters asking that question are also millionaires from sitting on a sofa reading an autocue.

Depends if tax is PAYE

I’ve never known a CEO take anything other than minimum wage and then a dividend which they put through SA

Tax would still be high but reduced by the accountant
He won't be taking minimum wage ..it's not his business..

He will be on a large basic with a lot of performance added on

He mentioned that it was comprised of salary, bonus and share incentive plan.

"Tax efficient" then?

And that "independent remuneration committee" that sets his salary includes the likes of Amber Rudd, ex Tory Secretary of State for Energy and Climate change. Wonder how she got that job?

Also Heidi Mottram, who as CEO for Northumbrian Water, is responsible for filling your rivers with shit.

I'm sure those two will be keen to rein in high pay for people who operate in near monopoly conditions.

He's a pathological liar, as an ex BG employee, one of the hundreds who were either sacked or left during the "Fire & Rehire" which he implemented, I have first hand experience of him.
He didn't take his bonuses in £ but failed to mention he took them in shares.
Very strange he's reared his ugly face just as this employment tribunal has finished & is deciding it's verdict which could cost Centrica & ultimately BG customers a pretty penny, emails, letters & texts were all sent by the CEO & the fine is for each communication & I have several.

Back