Centre Back strength

I'm pretty sure everyone agrees that we need to buy a left back but how many think we are still weak at centre back ?

It really depends on people's opinion as to the suitability of Baldwin and Loovens for first team football and whether C Mac is good enough in that role.

If Baldwin and Loovens aren't considered good enough then we are looking at getting through 60 games with the two (or three) positions being covered by Willis, Ozturk and Flanagan (and occasionally playing C Mac out of position).

It's a very important part of the team and arguably had a lot to do with our failure to get promoted last season. Maybe our success or otherwise in shipping players out will be the deciding factor.

I'm pretty sure everyone agrees that we need to buy a left back but how many think we are still weak at centre back ?

It really depends on people's opinion as to the suitability of Baldwin and Loovens for first team football and whether C Mac is good enough in that role.

If Baldwin and Loovens aren't considered good enough then we are looking at getting through 60 games with the two (or three) positions being covered by Willis, Ozturk and Flanagan (and occasionally playing C Mac out of position).

It's a very important part of the team and arguably had a lot to do with our failure to get promoted last season. Maybe our success or otherwise in shipping players out will be the deciding factor.
ba;dwin is fine as third-fourth choice..you wo get better than him to be a reserve CB at this level..

ba;dwin is fine as third-fourth choice..you wo get better than him to be a reserve CB at this level..

Tell Ross that. I agree Baldwin should be good enough cover. Will Ross use him though? He seems completely out of the picture. His confidence must be shattered.

Truth is we have Ozturk & Willis. Beyond that we have Baldwin who is completely out of favour with the manager. Loovens who is finished and Flanagan who is poor wherever he seems to play.

Tell Ross that. I agree Baldwin should be good enough cover. Will Ross use him though? He seems completely out of the picture. His confidence must be shattered.

Truth is we have Ozturk & Willis. Beyond that we have Baldwin who is completely out of favour with the manager. Loovens who is finished and Flanagan who is poor wherever he seems to play.
so we have four estaboshed cbs for this level..that seems fine..

We’ve 5 in the squad

One out of favour, one finished and one poor
well if you sign aanother one it just makes someone else out of favour..we have five..three of them must be out of favour at any one time..signing a sixth just makes four out of favour at any one time..
thats called a squad.
if riss wants to play 3 at the back all the time we need a new one rifght enough..
the he can play mcloughlin in the posiotn he actually plays..he is seriously damaging footballers by not knowing what positons they pla..

None of them are world beaters, but that's why they're playing at this level, right? Haven't seen enough of Willis, Ozturk looks clumsy, Flanagan and Baldwin can't seem to concentrate and Loovens looked shot a year ago. Still don't think we'll be able bring in anyone better than those. Dunne was highly rated by a lot of people before he came here in January and didn't look any better than Baldwin or Flanagan.

Add a left back and drop the idea of playing with wing backs. Wing back seems to suit the right side but we haven't got the players to do it properly on the left.
Agree with this, didn't cover himself in glory against Coventry, but then none of the defence did. Out of the picture since then. Arguably started the season our strongest centre half to not getting a game by the end of it.

Yes without a doubt. I would like us to sign someone withe the potential to step up to the chanpionship. Wont happen though

Yes without a doubt. I would like us to sign someone withe the potential to step up to the chanpionship. Wont happen though
willis has that potential..is the right age..

in CM so does dobspn...we outbid champo clubs to get him (thats a budget some champo clubs would envy)

Willis will hopefully be fine. Ozturk did well last season but will he manage a full season?

I’d prefer to give Baldwin another chance than Flanagan but I’d happily peddle either to get another CB

Back