Centre Back strength

well if you sign aanother one it just makes someone else out of favour..we have five..three of them must be out of favour at any one time..signing a sixth just makes four out of favour at any one time..
thats called a squad.
if riss wants to play 3 at the back all the time we need a new one rifght enough..
the he can play mcloughlin in the posiotn he actually plays..he is seriously damaging footballers by not knowing what positons they pla..

I do keep saying if we can move one or two others on, which is probably unlikely

Doesn’t mean we can’t discuss strengths and weaknesses though. It’s a forum ;)

willis has that potential..is the right age..

in CM so does dobspn...we outbid champo clubs to get him (thats a budget some champo clubs would envy)
Another centre back to go alongside willis? Whats dobson got to do with it hes a midfielder? Plus he cost about £200k

I’d prefer to give Baldwin another chance than Flanagan but I’d happily peddle either to get another CB
Maybe Ross will if he sticks with a back three. Flanagan doesn't look good on that left side and Baldwin always played on the left side of a back two.

I don't mind Flanagan at CB. Regardless of whether he has played / can play left or right back, he's not looked good on the left of the three. Whether Baldwin gets a shot there might depend on Ross favouring the system over players, rather than players over the system.

Is Baldwin injured? I thought Ozturk was doing okay. Yes he's SAF (slow as f..) but Willis can cover him.

Who should be our 2 CB's?

I like the look of Ozturk/Willis. So that's fine for me. I think Baldwin is sufficient back up, but we could do with perhaps one more. Shifting Flanagan and Loovens in the process. McLaughlin needs to be used at RB.

I'd like to see two competent CB's capable of playing 40+ games.....then I'd be perfectly happy with Stan and Ollie as back ups VERY occasionally.

I’d like to see another CH to play alongside Willis.

6’5” and a beast
Whilst size is important (or so it seems, apparently - Mrs Clueless can be very cruel sometimes !), in terms of a new centre-back, I think that it is more important for him to be naturally left-footed.

Watching Flanagan scrabbling around trying to get the ball onto his right foot, thereby slowing the momentum of getting the ball out of defence and allowing the opposition to re-group, is just painful. I’m not sure that he is even good enough on his natural right side, but on the centre-left he’s simply dreadful.

I would accept that cover in the left-back position is probably more important (although I do think that Hume will come good), rectifying the centre-back imbalance is also very important.

Proven maybe, but stll not good enough for a promotion seeking team ( Fact )
You know fine well whom I'm talking about by not being good enough ,that's why they cost next to fuck all.
fact. Flanagan won promotionfrom this league, as a first choice player.
baldwin captained peterborough who were sufficiiently seeking promotion that they got to the play offs with him in the team.

The trouble with Loovens, Flanagan and Baldwin is they might all be fine as squad fillers but we need someone good enough to play alongside Willis as a first choice CB.
Ozturk looks ok but I don’t think he’s going to manage a full season

fact. Flanagan won promotionfrom this league, as a first choice player.
baldwin captained peterborough who were sufficiiently seeking promotion that they got to the play offs with him in the team.
So you're saying they are so good, why are they still plying their trade in poxy league 1 ?
I've already told you that they aren't good enough for a promotion seeking team, but as usual you spout the same old rubbish over and over again. Who in the Championship would be stupid enough to buy and play the pair of them ? Nobody that's who....

When we do get promoted this season they will be the first two out of the door...Neither are good enough and you know it's true....

Back