Center parcs open today

I’m sure there are.
By absolute chance, I'm now looking for a holiday first week in August. And tbh, Centre Parcs isn't that much more!
Plenty of camp sites and caravan sites with better views, more to do, and cheaper.
It’s a boring brand for people who have very little imagination and want a conveyor belt of experiences to choose from.
With 2 x 1yr olds and a 5yr old, that's actually starting to sound quite appealing!

Don't see the point in going as the pool will be shut. Even if you dont go there fore the pool it'll mean everyone else who otherwise would have been in the pool will be out & about making it really crowded. You can cycle around the whole place in about 10 minutes and with restricted activities there's not a lot else to do.
Mumsnet this shite.

By absolute chance, I'm now looking for a holiday first week in August. And tbh, Centre Parcs isn't that much more!

With 2 x 1yr olds and a 5yr old, that's actually starting to sound quite appealing!
Tbf I’ll crack and end up going there at some point but I’m fighting the urge!

It’s perfect for the little ones as the lodges are a home from home and the facilities are immense for the toddlers.

Pool opens in a couple of weeks, only difference is you have to book it for 10p per person, money goes to charity and there are li it’s as to how many times you can go swimming,

Thought it might have been cheap because of it. Nope, it's over £600 for the cheapest lodge for the next few weekends.

Paid £1800 for 4 nights (self catering basically isnt it) at woburn.

Said to the kids “no activities, drinks, meals, or ice creams. Enjoy yourselves.;)
I was cynical about the place the first time I went but been to Woburn a few times and think they are great if you time it right.

We had under 5’s so outside of holidays could get an executive lodge in September and pre Christmas for 700/800 quid.

The facilities are good. Restaurants are good And Lots to do with kids just on scooters and walks but the paid activities aren’t even that much.

As long as you avoid the silly money season it’s a pretty decent break.

Yep. Went from £1800 easter n about £550 week after. Disgusting imo. Thought the fecking government were intending to limit the excess costs these firms charge.

Last edited:
I take your point but the missus thinks that if where you stay has an oven, it's not a holiday.
The food o/we can cook and the ingredients we'd use are better than the mush these places serve up like. I'm not going on a catered holiday again if possible.
The food o/we can cook and the ingredients we'd use are better than the mush these places serve up like. I'm not going on a catered holiday again if possible.
God that typing was terrible

Last edited:
Yep. Went from £1800 easter n about £550 week after. Disgusting imo. Thought the fecking government were intending to limit the excess costs these firms charge.
Break even is probably £1200. They charge what they can depending on demand. If they charged £1200 ever week, they'd be 3/4 empty most of the year, and full in the summer and the company would be bust by Xmas.

Its the way we do school holidays that can be changed, not how companies do their pricing.

We've been dec/jan the past few year. Usually pay 350ish mon-fri for a 3 bed lodge. 4 of us and the dog.
Cant argue at that price.

Booked for jan next year. 550 for a 4 bed detached place this time. Think it has a sauna. Canny if you get the cheap weeks but no way I would pay the peak prices.

Back