Center parcs open today

I was always sceptical but went for the first time a few years back, go a couple of times a year now. It’s nice to just sit and enjoy the peace.
Sure there's cheaper places to go to sit in some woods in a nice lodge with a sex pond outside?

December is great with the winter wonderland stuff and normally some snow in tbe Penrith one

I thought indoor pools were allowed to open from 25/7/20 in England?

The cost has put me off going in the past.

By the time you pay for a week in Centre Parcs you could take the family to Spain for a fortnight.
It seems that everything is chargeable (bar the pool) so you can probably add £100 a day for the duration of your visit, just to keep you fed and watered.

Just seems too expensive for what it is really.
Holidays in the UK are expensive, it’s not just Center Parcs. From camp sites to high end hotels.
Go in the winter most years with friends, £100 a head for exec lodge mon-fri. Big shop before turning up and take it in turns to cook.

Wouldn't ever eat at the restaurants there.
We ate out every day on our first visit, didn’t bother so much the second time. Only decent bait was the carvery from that boozer direct on the lake.

And that burger and waffle placs are okay, but everything else is terrible.

Last edited:
Go in the winter most years with friends, £100 a head for exec lodge mon-fri. Big shop before turning up and take it in turns to cook.

Wouldn't ever eat at the restaurants there.
We've done this a couple of times yonks back with family. It was alright but the prices have rocketed in recent years, which has put me off going, don't really see it as decent value.
£729 for two adults for 3 nights at the end of the month at the Cumbria site is very expensive

Last edited:
December is great with the winter wonderland stuff and normally some snow in tbe Penrith one

I thought indoor pools were allowed to open from 25/7/20 in England?
Aye, proper swimming pools with people swimming up and down in lanes with restrictions on numbers

Center Parcs pool is all about wave machines, slides, river rapids etc, much harder to enforce distancing so will take them longer to get pool area open

Plenty of camp sites and caravan sites with better views, more to do, and cheaper.

It’s a boring brand for people who have very little imagination and want a conveyor belt of experiences to choose from.

I’ve been to three- Lakes , Sherwood Forest and one in east anglia whose name escapes me.

All a bit soulless and can be quite expensive when there.

Last time I went the pool looked dirty and had a scum line round the pool.

This was over 10 years ago so it could well be better now.

We've done this a couple of times yonks back with family. It was alright but the prices have rocketed in recent years, which has put me off going, don't really see it as decent value.
£729 for two adults for 3 nights at the end of the month at the Cumbria site is very expensive

Their prices range stupidly.

We went Monday to Friday early December and it was 650 quid for a 4 bed exec lodge. They are nigh on 2,500 in the summer.

Catch it at the right time and you get decent deals. Christmas is decent as they have the winter wonderland stuff

Back