Celebrities playing for charity cash on gameshows

What you on about you loon. Calling people to make myself feel better?

I said people will moan about fuck all. You’re the one twisting and calling celebrities on game shows :lol:

maybe you should call it a day if you’re going to start a thread and not like it when people disagree with what you’re saying. f***ing hell :lol:
Wasn't calling anyone or particularly twisting. Like I say, an observation about prime time telly

Fcks sake. This place
I don't bother with the singing and dancing shite. Stuff like these game shows though are easy to watch. We normally just hoy music on through YouTube.
Same. Popping Netflix on now after vegging to a bit shit. Sort of a Saturday easy thing to do

Last edited:

Wasn't calling anyone or particularly twisting. Like I say, an observation about prime time telly

Fcks sake. This place
So does everyone have to agree with you then on a message board?

Actually I don’t give a shite, you seem very touchy, particularly for such a new poster as well 🤷🏻‍♂️

I noticed there's a massive difference between the ITV prize money and the BBC one. Tonight on ITV they've given away 120k on the chase and another 100k on the cube.

Always has been the same as long as I can remember going back the last 30 odd years.

Some of the BBC quiz ones, they don't even get a cash prize. It's just the glory of winning a hard quiz (mastermind, only connect for example)

Some of the BBC quiz ones, they don't even get a cash prize. It's just the glory of winning a hard quiz (mastermind, only connect for example)

Isn't that just providing a different type of entertainment? The shows you're talking about (Mastermind, Only Connect, University Challenge etc.) don't give financial prizes in the first place so I'm not sure why they should in their celebrity versions.

Isn't that just providing a different type of entertainment? The shows you're talking about (Mastermind, Only Connect, University Challenge etc.) don't give financial prizes in the first place so I'm not sure why they should in their celebrity versions.

I was referring to that itv have bigger prizes due to advertising revenue.

I agree its different entertainment, which itv generally don't do the high brow stuff

Last edited:
I was referring to that itv have bigger prizes due to advertising revenue.

Aye, definitely. They have more money. I think that's generally true of all of their quiz/game shows. There's potentially 10k a day available on Tipping Point whereas it takes Eggheads a fortnight to get there and the prize is divided between five.

It does seem mad that a TV show will have a certain amount of money to give to charity, but if some celeb doesn't answer a question correctly, then well, fuck that, the starving kids will just have to be hungry tonight.

It does seem mad that a TV show will have a certain amount of money to give to charity, but if some celeb doesn't answer a question correctly, then well, fuck that, the starving kids will just have to be hungry tonight.
Aye. It was Jason Manford. At one point he said something like "all I can see is those kids faces" when on about winning more money

Bit rank

Every time I put on the telly there seems to be a celebrity based programme. Sums up how shallow we have become and sends the message to our children that becoming a celebrity regardless of talent is something to aspire to.

Had the misfortune to see that fucker from Shields on tipping point the other week.

Total over the top reactions to getting a question right.

Painful to watch .

Had the misfortune to see that fucker from Shields on tipping point the other week.

Total over the top reactions to getting a question right.

Painful to watch .
I have a malevolent hatred of tipping point

Ben Shephard schmoozing the ladies and a one trick premise

Would rather watch Charlie Hefty Dimmock over on the beeb at the moment rescuing gardens with her two pudding sidekicks

Celebrities on game shows are generally annoying as fuck.
I don't mind a quiz show like the chase but I avoid celebrity versions. They aren't playing for themselves so it takes the edge of the contest.
However they do raise money for charity, the celebrity gets a fee and raises his profile for future work. So everybody is happy.
Well apart from those on here who aren't happy and pretend they've never watched a quiz show. Just to appear sophisticated and above the plebs on a football message board.:)

I don't mind a quiz show like the chase but I avoid celebrity versions. They aren't playing for themselves so it takes the edge of the contest.
However they do raise money for charity, the celebrity gets a fee and raises his profile for future work. So everybody is happy.
Well apart from those on here who aren't happy and pretend they've never watched a quiz show. Just to appear sophisticated and above the plebs on a football message board.:)
No one on here watches TV unless its a documentary about renaissance art or the underground jazz movement of minneapolis in the 1930s

Back