Ceiling Fan :(

Hmm there’s nowt on the walls.

The fan can be on when I’m not in the bath. When I’m laid in there it’s noisy. If it’s shower or generally in there I’d just switch it back on.

Leave the light off and light some soothing scented candles instead.

The point of them is to remove humidity from showers and baths!

I know the point of them. I'm saying its sackless to put them both on the same switch. There's nee humidity from shower or bath when OP gans for a slash (although... if OP has been on the lash, there may be steam coming from his slash)

I know the point of them. I'm saying its sackless to put them both on the same switch. There's nee humidity from shower or bath when OP gans for a slash (although... if OP has been on the lash, there may be steam coming from his slash)
The point I was making was that he only puts it on to get rid of smells.

Also, the reason it comes on with the light is because people won't bother, and the house will get damp.

I have ones on a timer and the timer must be set high cos the fucker can be going for half an hour after ive switched the light off, I assume its linked to how long the light is on as to how long the fan stays on after the light is switched off?

I have isolation switches above the outside of the bathrooms that I just knock on and off if showering. Handy as it's a waste the fan coming on if just going in to brush teeth or whatever...

Also, the reason it comes on with the light is because people won't bother, and the house will get damp.
That’s the thing I would. Tbh I leave the door open and there’s big patio doors out onto a balcony so no need for the fan.

Is there any way to just switch it off?

It comes on when I turn on the bathroom light and the noise is annoying. There no switch on it or anything. Does not have its own fuse so can’t flick that off either. It’s absolutely pointless.
Usualy has an isolator to switch it off nearby.

It is designed to run on when the light is off. You might think it is doing nowt whilst your in the shower but it removes steam and moisture instead of it hanging round your house.

He could wire it into his shower switch if he’s that bothered.

Or put a double switch on the wall and chuck his fan through the second, bit of a bodge but could work.

Last edited:
Usualy has an isolator to switch it off nearby.

It is designed to run on when the light is off. You might think it is doing nowt whilst your in the shower but it removes steam and moisture instead of it hanging round your house.
I know. The last 4 houses I’ve lived in have had the same. This on is on the lights. Flicked the lights earlier and it went off. I know what they’re for. Absolutely necessary when the shower is on but not when I’m having a bath with the door open and most the time the patio doors outside the room.

I know. The last 4 houses I’ve lived in have had the same. This on is on the lights. Flicked the lights earlier and it went off. I know what they’re for. Absolutely necessary when the shower is on but not when I’m having a bath with the door open and most the time the patio doors outside the room.
You will just have to put up with it if theres no isolator then. Unless you disconnect it and put up with moisture in the home.

Hmm there’s nowt on the walls.

The fan can be on when I’m not in the bath. When I’m laid in there it’s noisy. If it’s shower or generally in there I’d just switch it back on.
Is there a switch on the fan to say how long it stays on after to turn off the lights? Maybe you can turn it off from there?

I have ones on a timer and the timer must be set high cos the fucker can be going for half an hour after ive switched the light off, I assume its linked to how long the light is on as to how long the fan stays on after the light is switched off?

I have isolation switches above the outside of the bathrooms that I just knock on and off if showering. Handy as it's a waste the fan coming on if just going in to brush teeth or whatever...
Nah there’s a little dial inside the fan that adjusts the timer to whatever you want the over run to be rather than how long you’ve had the light on:lol:
Although if it’s humidity controlled it may stay on that long after shower etc

Last edited:
Nah there’s a little dial inside the fan that adjusts the timer to whatever you want the over run to be rather than how long you’ve had the light on:lol:
Although if it’s humidity controlled it may stay on that long after shower etc

That makes much more sense :lol:

Back