Ceiling Fan :(

OOOSH YEAH

Striker
Is there any way to just switch it off?

It comes on when I turn on the bathroom light and the noise is annoying. There no switch on it or anything. Does not have its own fuse so can’t flick that off either. It’s absolutely pointless.

It comes on when I turn on the bathroom light and the noise is annoying. There no switch on it or anything. Does not have its own fuse so can’t flick that off either. It’s absolutely pointless.
You mean extractor fan I guess?

It really should have its own fuse, I think that's a building regulation.
Replace it with one of the silent ones.

In other news, I absolutely love my bedroom ceiling fan. Should have done it years ago. Quiet as a mouse and a nice breeze.

In other news, I absolutely love my bedroom ceiling fan. Should have done it years ago. Quiet as a mouse and a nice breeze.
Aye extraction fan sorry. I know nowt about this shit. Looked at the fuses and none say fan.

Current building regs certainly say that the fan should have its own clearly marked 2 pole isolation switch. Normally that would be just outside of the bathroom. There is a reason you have an extractor fan though, so turning it off will likely give you dampness problems. Maybe replace it with a quieter one?

Current building regs certainly say that the fan should have its own clearly marked 2 pole isolation switch. Normally that would be just outside of the bathroom. There is a reason you have an extractor fan though, so turning it off will likely give you dampness problems. Maybe replace it with a quieter one?
Hmm there’s nowt on the walls.

The fan can be on when I’m not in the bath. When I’m laid in there it’s noisy. If it’s shower or generally in there I’d just switch it back on.

I normally hum to the same tune/key as the noise and try to work out what key its in. iirc a bog flush is in Eb

It's been a while since I was a house sparky but iirc all bathroom ceiling fans need to be on a spur. So you should just be able to fit a switch to that and problem solved.

It's been a while since I was a house sparky but iirc all bathroom ceiling fans need to be on a spur. So you should just be able to fit a switch to that and problem solved.
COD electrocution

Whats a spur?

Back