CDDFT

No idea on numbers mate. She’s at graft now. I’ll ask her what’s gone on when she gets in, she’ll be home in an hour

All non-vaccinated staff were given their letters yesterday. She doesn’t know what they say though
The Independent reckon the Government are considering a delay on the date, so could be premature from the trust!

Looks like an anti-vax account that, lots of retweeting of yellow sticker types, 'veterans' and 'freedom rallies' on it. I'd be dubious how many of those came from actual NHS staff.

I can’t say I’m surprised that @GordonMuchallNo1Fan would post anti-vax propaganda. I’m saddened to see it, but not surprised. It’s up there with his rants about management being paid too much and nurses too little. Shameful how some people piggyback on the high regard of nurses to push their misinformed arguments and propaganda.

I see one of the messages written by “a nurse” is about choice. How about the patients’ choice not to be cared for by nurses who won’t take a necessary step to limit the transmission of COVID?

Looks like an anti-vax account that, lots of retweeting of yellow sticker types, 'veterans' and 'freedom rallies' on it. I'd be dubious how many of those came from actual NHS staff.
Pass but it seems very well attended as do others around the country. I'm not anti vax despite what someone has suggested. If I was anti vax, I'd have not bothered to have 3 jabs but hey ho whatever suits some. I fully respect anyone who has had 0 jabs just as much as I respect those who have had 3 jabs. Their body, their choice. Fair play to those standing up for what they believe in today.

Refusal to be vaccinated is just pure bloody stubbornous and goes against the science. These people will surely have seen first hand what covid does so I simply cant understand their logic at not wanting a vaccine. I'm currently positive and had my three jabs. Touchwood, hopefully be ok and able to rejoin society on Tuesday at the latest. Without it I could have been in serious trouble.
Why is it ? No one is willing to test for anti bodies but still forcing a vax. The science and data can be manipulated on both sides now to the point it’s difficult to know what is true. This will be a constant roll out of boosters that some people are forced to take to maintain ‘status’ which will make the pharmaceutical companies and investors a lot of money and it will also include the flu jab in 22/23.
3 in our family of 4 all had Covid, no jabs, mild cold symptoms, loss of taste and smell but that was it. Fine within 5 days.
People I know had worse with the effects of the jabs and boosters including strokes and hospital admissions with racing heart conditions.
It should simply be a persons choice what they choose to do to their own bodies without any societal coercions.
If people were told to pack in drinking and smoking or they’d lose their jobs there would be absolute hell on about peoples ‘rights’ to do as they please.

Why is it ? No one is willing to test for anti bodies but still forcing a vax. The science and data can be manipulated on both sides now to the point it’s difficult to know what is true. This will be a constant roll out of boosters that some people are forced to take to maintain ‘status’ which will make the pharmaceutical companies and investors a lot of money and it will also include the flu jab in 22/23.
3 in our family of 4 all had Covid, no jabs, mild cold symptoms, loss of taste and smell but that was it. Fine within 5 days.
People I know had worse with the effects of the jabs and boosters including strokes and hospital admissions with racing heart conditions.
It should simply be a persons choice what they choose to do to their own bodies without any societal coercions.
If people were told to pack in drinking and smoking or they’d lose their jobs there would be absolute hell on about peoples ‘rights’ to do as they please.
Really? You took the time to post that ?

Put in here before,my mate died October 2020 left his 18 month daughter and a fiance in their brand new house, oh aye I didn't bother going to their wedding on NYE afternoon that year
But it's a mild cold

Your lived experience and observed evidence is irrelevant. The jab is far, far less likely to cause harm than COVID-19 infection. That’s a fact. Hard fact.

Your lived experience and observed evidence is irrelevant. The jab is far, far less likely to cause harm than COVID-19 infection. That’s a fact. Hard fact.
I wouldn’t say my experiences are irrelevant as it influences peoples choices.
The thing here is the jab can and has caused harm so why should people be forced to have something where your taking a chance that your one of the lucky ones to not have side effects?
Have a read of this group on Twitter if you want to read peoples adverse experiences.
#theysayitsrare
I’m happy for people to be jabbed/unjabbed it’s their own personal choice, I just think it’s wrong to mandate it.

Refusal to be vaccinated is just pure bloody stubbornous and goes against the science. These people will surely have seen first hand what covid does so I simply cant understand their logic at not wanting a vaccine. I'm currently positive and had my three jabs. Touchwood, hopefully be ok and able to rejoin society on Tuesday at the latest. Without it I could have been in serious trouble.

Science shows that those naive to the virus are most at risk, by some distance. Those vaccinated with no exposure are more at risk than those with a prior exposure and no vaccination.

Therefore, on the science, if you've had covid, why enforce folk to be jabbed? Food for thought.

Furthermore there has to be a employment law issue on this because they can't just be a directive passed and you must adhere to it, otherwise it sets quite the precedent does it not?

Science shows that those naive to the virus are most at risk, by some distance. Those vaccinated with no exposure are more at risk than those with a prior exposure and no vaccination.

Therefore, on the science, if you've had covid, why enforce folk to be jabbed? Food for thought.

Furthermore there has to be a employment law issue on this because they can't just be a directive passed and you must adhere to it, otherwise it sets quite the precedent does it not?

It's the law rather than a directive by the NHS, an employer can't/shouldn't allow you to work in contravention of the law.

The thing here is the jab can and has caused harm so why should people be forced to have something where your taking a chance that your one of the lucky ones to not have side effects?
Have a read of this group on Twitter if you want to read peoples adverse experiences.
#theysayitsrare
I’m happy for people to be jabbed/unjabbed it’s their own personal choice, I just think it’s wrong to mandate it.

Your experience is not relevant in regards to the overall safety of the jab, though.

It’s based on a small, biased sample with additional reporting bias - nobody is going to tell you if they’re had the jab and were absolutely fine, but you’ll hear if they’re unwell.

The jab is evidentially far, far safer than the infection it protects from. People who have been vaccinated are less likely to be infected, less likely to be unwell if infected, and less likely to pass it on if infected.

Is there some degree of risk of harm from the vaccine? Yes, there’s risk of harm with any medical intervention, from a dose of ibuprofen to brain surgery, something can always go wrong.

You talk about personal choice but these are people who work in hospitals and care facilities. These are people working with the unwell, the sick and the immuno-compromised. Not only that, but they’re working closely with other people looking after these people.

Clearly you’re far down the Twitter rabbit hole talking about hashtags and shit. Maybe you’re a lost cause. But if you open your eyes you’ll see that the vaccine is safer than infection and anyone working with patients or in a medical environment has a duty to protect the health of those they’re caring for. Surely the jab is part of that, given all we know.

I reckon this will get kicked down the road. NHS needs all hands on decks and Omicron has changed the game. I have no idea why any health professions wouldn’t have the vaccine though.

#theysayitsrare
Anecdotal evidence is hugely impactful on behaviour but if you want rounded evidence then you need to look at a wider population level and not adverse events in your social circles.

Had a look through the hashtag, the site and some of the much referenced twitter accounts. It's far from balanced.
I'm all for people being aware of the risks and don't doubt for a second that there are risks with the vaccines, it's clear that there are, but the way they're reported on there is sensationalist at best and at times outright wrong.

They quote evidence that vaccines are more dangerous than infection and link to preprint papers which actually say the opposite.
Like this paper https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.12.23.21268276v1.full.pdf
Then they also fail to mention the outcomes of myocarditis induced by vaccine are much, much better than cases induced by infection.

Then there's Bhakdi making his customary appearances with half truths and further sensationalist interpretations of data.

Omicron, basically.
He mentions it at the start but then goes on his usual over enthusiastic self. The data that paper includes is only before the emergence of Omicron. He shoiuld've linked it to new papers that infection from previous strains offer little protection to Omicron.

I reckon this will get kicked down the road. NHS needs all hands on decks and Omicron has changed the game. I have no idea why any health professions wouldn’t have the vaccine though.
they probably see the mayhem the vax`s have caused - i doubt they are willing to lose their careers and living for no good reason

Back