CC :: Sussex v Durham

Status
Not open for further replies.
That second innings where he's faced 200 balls was brilliant. Absolute grit and determination, arguably better than his first innings.

He's faced 311 balls in this innings, scoring 98 for 1. Hopefully the time spent in the middle will stand him in good stead for the coming weeks - I know he'd like to make the number 6 slot his own.

It's an absolutely ridiculous comment

I know Ryan Pringle, I've played cricket with him, I'm not just saying "he's shit", I'm saying over a period of time he hasn't done enough, give hickey or carse when fit ago

I honestly don't get your point
He's another one [who thinks he is] well in with a few of the players so turning a blind eye to repeatedly below par scores.

General comment from me not just with regards to Pringle

He's another one [who thinks he is] well in with a few of the players so turning a blind eye to repeatedly below par scores.

General comment from me not just with regards to Pringle

He's actually really applied himself this game and now should keep his place

Based on his theory we should never ever change the XI. I think Pringle should see himself as a batsman, and bat like one. He's not a frontline bowler

Hopefully this game is as sign of things to come, valuing his wicket, as he really looked the part at times 2 years ago with bat

Reactions: Bri
Poor effort overall
Durhams strength in the past has been the bowlers getting them out of trouble. but in truth the bowling attack looks weak
Onions is not getting younger and has a history of back problems and Rushy isn't firing as he ways two seasons ago

I would say Pringle is the type of bits and pieces all rounder every county needs because of the sheer volume of cricket they play in a summer. He is not going to produce many outstanding match winning performances but can make handy contributions through out the season in all forms of the game. The problem with Ryan is that he does make handy contributions but nowhere near often enough.
Like Clark, Coughlin and one or two others he is no longer a kid he is mid 20s.

Poor effort overall
Durhams strength in the past has been the bowlers getting them out of trouble. but in truth the bowling attack looks weak
Onions is not getting younger and has a history of back problems and Rushy isn't firing as he ways two seasons ago

Rushy has been decent in the 50 over stuff but really really poor in 4 day cricket for a bit

I would say Pringle is the type of bits and pieces all rounder every county needs because of the sheer volume of cricket they play in a summer. He is not going to produce many outstanding match winning performances but can make handy contributions through out the season in all forms of the game. The problem with Ryan is that he does make handy contributions but nowhere near often enough.
Like Clark, Coughlin and one or two others he is no longer a kid he is mid 20s.

Absolutely he is

Just doesn't mean he should play every game

There are middle order positions available, the lad has talent, go make it your own

Pringle is the only off spinner we have and is worth persevering with. Worrying signs in the pace bowling department. I'd like to see McCarthy given a go if Ireland's schedule allows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back