CC :: Gloucestershire v Durham

Status
Not open for further replies.

On crutches, had an ankle op just before the season.

Colly and Richo both appearing uncomfortable.

poor lad, been one injury after another for a few years now.

strike rates look horrendous, telling quite a story. still, they can scratch around as long as they lie as long as they stay there. hopefully battle themselves into form

2 batting points but very shaky at present. 7 overs left tonight, we'll do well just to get to stumps without further loss.

2 batting points but very shaky at present. 7 overs left tonight, we'll do well just to get to stumps without further loss.

would be exceptional if we can survive to close. put us in the driving seat to get a first innings lead, a chance for collingwood to rest his poorly finger and let both of them restart tomorrow after hanging around gutsily here.

no doubt i've just talked them both out :neutral:

would be exceptional if we can survive to close. put us in the driving seat to get a first innings lead, a chance for collingwood to rest his poorly finger and let both of them restart tomorrow after hanging around gutsily here.

no doubt i've just talked them both out :neutral:
Only need 38 for a first innings lead. With 6 wickets in hand

Should be aiming for a lead of 150

Only need 38 for a first innings lead. With 6 wickets in hand

Should be aiming for a lead of 150

shhhhhh man

get in brilliant knock for these two, proper struggle but hopefully they can kick on tomorrow.

53 off 195 balls tells the story of the match situation they came into and the form and fitness of both but well done, just hope they can make use of this great platform they've built up and put us in a really good position tomorrow to eat into the points deduction

Last edited:
Shocking. Its staggering the club were cutting costs left right and centre and he got a contract. He isnt much better a batter than Weighell or Arshad or Coughlin for me.

How many First Class games has he played? 4? 5?

Here's a little factoid for you. His older brother James plays for Lancs, he once hit 6 x sixes in in an over in a second eleven game off (then Yorkshire, and future Durham spinner) Randhawa.

Decent day. I don't see the point of one or two posters flying out of the traps to slag Clark off as soon as he was out. We have what we have, we haven't got a load of choice just got to back one or two of our batsmen to surprise us this year.

Close: 270-4.

Great days work that, went as well as it could've done really - perhaps a century for either opener would've bettered it (obviously) but we're in a good position coming to the ground tomorrow.

Unlikely to get maximum batting points from here overs wise, but 4 isn't bad and if we can then press on to a lead of 100+ we'll be in fine fettle.

Decent day. I don't see the point of one or two posters flying out of the traps to slag Clark off as soon as he was out. We have what we have, we haven't got a load of choice just got to back one or two of our batsmen to surprise us this year.
Agree.

Good day for us.... 22 overs to get to 300 runs for another bonus point.

And Clark deserved his chance for his scores with the 2nd's and given their inexperience in 1st class it not surprising that both Steel and Clark were a bit tentative.

Here's a little factoid for you. His older brother James plays for Lancs, he once hit 6 x sixes in in an over in a second eleven game off (then Yorkshire, and future Durham spinner) Randhawa.

Here's another little factoid for you. his older brother James is called Jordan :lol::lol:

Agree.

Good day for us.... 22 overs to get to 300 runs for another bonus point.

And Clark deserved his chance for his scores with the 2nd's and given their inexperience in 1st class it not surprising that both Steel and Clark were a bit tentative.

that would be some going that!

Pleased with today's work. It'd have been nice to get them out a bit earlier and be on par scores, and if there wasn't a reduction in overs yesterday it may have been the case.
Ideally we want Colly and Richardson to stay there for another 30 runs, but I'd love Poynter to come in and smash a 60 ball century. :cool:

On the lost overs from day one - the new regulations allow overs to be made up in the match on the days that follow (except day four).

104 overs were bowled today - an extra 8 overs.

100 are scheduled for tomorrow.

So that's 12 overs recouped from the 19 that weren't bowled on day one.

Played well more than that. Completely out of his depth and doesnt even look much cop in the shorter forms of the game or 2nds (bar this season).

Played well more than that. Completely out of his depth and doesnt even look much cop in the shorter forms of the game or 2nds (bar this season).
For once you are right. He has played "well more than that" !
This current game is his 7th !!!!!
Get off his back and support your team and players.
His scores this season, a 57 and 3 100's mean he deserves a chance.
Durham are not as strong as in the past, we have to make the best of what we have.
People like you do not help the cause !

For once you are right. He has played "well more than that" !
This current game is his 7th !!!!!
Get off his back and support your team and players.
His scores this season, a 57 and 3 100's mean he deserves a chance.
Durham are not as strong as in the past, we have to make the best of what we have.
People like you do not help the cause !
I fully appreciate there are cliques on here and some, including you, like to think you are close to or are well in with certain players etc but He's dross i'm sorry - but okay, we will keep the facade up.

Bit like WHED loving M.Richardson because he leaves a few bits of kit on reception so he turns a blind eye to his long time poor form with the bat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back