Catts to Owls?

Come on Rock, your bias is showing. Any real good player we’ve had at the club was sold...some even at a very nice profit. You would think even Bruce would’ve come back in for him at some point. He’s a limited player always has been...his style was better suited as a role player, he was never a dynamic player, especially at PL level. All my opinion of course, muffin.
No. You said its how we got him in the 1st place. That's nonsense and simply not true

Sheffield Wednesday want McGlauchlin as well?

We have enough centre midfielders and could use the money we save on his wages improving other areas of the squad. I'm not sure we would be worse off.
The other central midfielders aren't as good imo. Therefore we would be worse off.

I get the need to get his wage off the books though. I'm not disputing that

Last edited:
The best deal was getting rid of Kone and his 90k a week wage - which is roughly 45 league 1 players on a good wage.
Bruce will offer Catts a great deal more than anyone else so he may get 20-something K off pillow-face.

Agree

Yeah, Catts is the future!

Come on...he’s an overpaid average player even at League 1. He made zero difference to our finish. We would be better served using his money to better the squad. Its ridiculous anymore....

That’s been our recruitment for years...it’s why we’re in League 1. It’s also how we got Cattermole in the first place...

:lol: Good lord

The best deal was getting rid of Kone and his 90k a week wage - which is roughly 45 league 1 players on a good wage.
Bruce will offer Catts a great deal more than anyone else so he may get 20-something K off pillow-face.

More league 1 quality players

Great!!

Worked last year

Aye mate ideal, get them off the wage bill then we can sign some more players of the quality of Grigg, Loovens and Ozturk, should work a treat.
That is up to Ross to sort out , grigg is a proven league 1 goal machine at this level , but we barely create chances for our strikers, he has got a full summer to sort the squad out no excuses this time

Aye mate ideal, get them off the wage bill then we can sign some more players of the quality of Grigg, Loovens and Ozturk, should work a treat.

I know

People obsessing over wages

Why the hell would people want to swap a player for another few max powers

So the owners can make more profit or something?

Usually like hearing Stewart Donald on the podcasts but one statement terrified me on the last offering,

"For those wages I could get about SEVEN players in at this level"

Yeah, lets fill the squad with average "division" players. I'm sure that will help us up.

You are forgetting that Catts is no better than an average League 1 player himself, it’s only his wage that suggests differently. If he was head and shoulders above everyone else then fair enough. But he is isn’t.
We could replace him and the centre halves and still have some wages spare .

No. You said its how we got him in the 1st place. That's nonsense and simply not true

The other central midfielders aren't as good imo. Therefore we would be worse off.

I get the need to get his wage off the books though. I'm not disputing that

It is...it was bad recruitment.

I think it’s the right time for Catts to move on, and getting rid of his wage will help the club enormously for recruitment.
I don’t know what people were watching though he was consistently our best midfielder last season.

:lol: Good lord

More league 1 quality players

Great!!

Worked last year

I think we'll attract better quality this time around; better financial position and almost certs to win promotion. Madison from the Posh is dying to sign for us and he's better than league 1.
Plus another 44 players and I think we'll be fine :lol:
& that's before we sell any of the "high" earners, the impact of that tw@t going to Strasbourg is enormous!

Let him go on a free with a hefty loyalty bonus. Financially he's a git big albatross hanging round the club's neck

we cannot play Honeyman Leadbitter & Cattermole in the same team again surely...Leadbitter has only just arrived and Captain Marvel is undroppable so I reckon Cattermole will be away if anyone if we can find someone to pay his humongous wages
Cattermole was one of the better players last season, as should be expected considering he’s spent the overwhelming majority of his career playing Premier League football. That said, a change of scenery is long overdue for him and for us. However, given a choice as to which of any one of the three you named I would like to see leaving, it wouldn’t be Cattermole or Leadbitter.

Back