Catts to Owls?

I honestly don't know what to think. It's ok saying his wages would pay for X amount of league one players. I don't really want to be stuck with X amount of league one players. Surely if we go up he would be good enough for the championship? However on the other hand maybe it's time for him to kove on so we can try something different?
I'd rather have 1 Lee cattermole than 10 max powers

Always been a big fan of Catts but for his sake I think he should now just consider retiring.
I can't imagine another season in League One will see him be anything other than even more of a shadow of the player he once was.

It's unfortunate but it really is time he found somewhere else and if someone is prepared to pay his wages then so be it.

That is of course if we have competent folk recruiting.
Sheff Weds are going to have to shift a good deal of wages to accommodate him.

I honestly don't know what to think. It's ok saying his wages would pay for X amount of league one players. I don't really want to be stuck with X amount of league one players. Surely if we go up he would be good enough for the championship? However on the other hand maybe it's time for him to kove on so we can try something different?
Nah, he's not quick or mobile enough these days.

Always been a big fan of Catts but for his sake I think he should now just consider retiring.
I can't imagine another season in League One will see him be anything other than even more of a shadow of the player he once was.
Like he's going to retire FFS. He's on a good wage here and if rumours are to be believed has championship teams sniffing round him.

Why would he retire when he's getting decent money off us?

I don't think we would be.

Agree

Seems like people are more interested in being a self sufficient league one club than actually winning games and winning the league

Yeah, Catts is the future!

He was good for us last season and we would inevitably struggle to get someone on par in to replace him.

Come on...he’s an overpaid average player even at League 1. He made zero difference to our finish. We would be better served using his money to better the squad. Its ridiculous anymore....

Surprised at how many people would be happy for him to go so we can go and sign a legion of plodders.

That’s been our recruitment for years...it’s why we’re in League 1. It’s also how we got Cattermole in the first place...

Last edited:
Agree

Yeah, Catts is the future!

Come on...he’s an overpaid average player even at League 1. He made zero difference to our finish. We would be better served using his money to better the squad. Its ridiculous anymore....

That’s been our recruitment for years...it’s why we’re in League 1. It’s also how we got Cattermole in the first place...
Welcome to your opinion but the bit in bold is complete and utter bollocks

Welcome to your opinion but the bit in bold is complete and utter bollocks

Come on Rock, your bias is showing. Any real good player we’ve had at the club was sold...some even at a very nice profit. You would think even Bruce would’ve come back in for him at some point. He’s a limited player always has been...his style was better suited as a role player, he was never a dynamic player, especially at PL level. All my opinion of course, muffin.

Decent player for us but it'll be a good move if we can get rid and free up his wages.

It will be, but only if we use his wages to pay players that totally change the dynamic of the midfield. At the moment he's one of our best players, pointless getting rid if we don't have a system in place and recruit accordingly.

Usually like hearing Stewart Donald on the podcasts but one statement terrified me on the last offering,

"For those wages I could get about SEVEN players in at this level"

Yeah, lets fill the squad with average "division" players. I'm sure that will help us up.
We’d be signing 7 of the best players in the league for Catts total wage!

Catts is reportedly on £40k a week. A seventh of that is around £5,700 a week. In 2017/18 the median average wage in the league was Doncaster at £1,947 and the highest average wage was Wigan with £5,385 and they finished as Champions. Blackburn, who finished second and had the league’s highest paid player in Bradley Diack at £16k pw, had an average wage of £4,783.

Edit - this is my source Footballers vs. The Fans

Last edited:

Back