Catts and Oviedo - £500k each

Cat 3

Midfield
As the PL window is closed it is unlikely we will now sell either of these two. Much has been written about the fact we cant afford to keep these two. If the best we are now looking at is a loan to the Championship with us contributing to their wages id say we should keep them.

Championship clubs are unlikely to contribute more than £15k a month to their wages - few non strikers get more than this in the Championship except where relegated clubs are stuck with players. If we would need to sign replacements on say £5k a week then the real marginal cost to us of retaining these players is £10k a week each or £500k per annum.

I think both are vulnerable to injury but at the same time were 2 of our top 3 players on Saturday.

If we get an offer for full wages (and a fee?) then of course we sell. If its a subsidised loan deal which means we only save £500k each i'd say we keep them both.

As the PL window is closed it is unlikely we will now sell either of these two. Much has been written about the fact we cant afford to keep these two. If the best we are now looking at is a loan to the Championship with us contributing to their wages id say we should keep them.

Championship clubs are unlikely to contribute more than £15k a month to their wages - few non strikers get more than this in the Championship except where relegated clubs are stuck with players. If we would need to sign replacements on say £5k a week then the real marginal cost to us of retaining these players is £10k a week each or £500k per annum.

I think both are vulnerable to injury but at the same time were 2 of our top 3 players on Saturday.

If we get an offer for full wages (and a fee?) then of course we sell. If its a subsidised loan deal which means we only save £500k each i'd say we keep them both.
No it hasn't. Donald's said over and over that we absolutely can afford them if needs be.

I don’t think anybody including Donald has said that we can’t afford to keep them, in fact the opposite is true, however it does make financial sense that if we can do a suitable deal we move them on but there’s no need to act in desperation

No it hasn't. Donald's said over and over that we absolutely can afford them if needs be.

Did i say 'Donald said we cant afford them'? I was talking about posters on here and sports journos.

My point is their wages are quoted but in the absence of offers to buy (or loan at full wages) that is not the marginal cost to us of keeping them

I don’t think anybody including Donald has said that we can’t afford to keep them, in fact the opposite is true, however it does make financial sense that if we can do a suitable deal we move them on but there’s no need to act in desperation

see previous reply - i did not say 'Donald said'.

Did i say 'Donald said we cant afford them'? I was talking about posters on here and sports journos.

My point is their wages are quoted but in the absence of offers to buy (or loan at full wages) that is not the marginal cost to us of keeping them
Does anybody take any notice of what anybody else has to say when we've had it from the horse's mouth like? More fool them.

Ah right so the smb say we cannot afford to keep them, 99 percent of us have no clues to the finances

Whilst Cattermole has had two good games recently, we aren’t short of midfielders. I’d be more than happy if we moved him on.

Unfortunately Oviedo is more likely to be sold/loaned out. I think he could make a big difference to us this season if he were to stay.

Its funny how people think we have lots of midfielders - given we started with a 16 y old in midfield and a lad from wycombe who joined 5 days before kick off.

Also funny how people talk (rightly) of Catts injury record whilst seeing MeGeouch as the great white hope with his record

Cattermole has a big contract until 2021

Regardless of how well he plays right now, we should be getting rid of that burden if we can

Of course we should. My point was more about the scenario where all we are offered is subsidised loan deals

So you have written a financial and squad structure analysis based on this message board and journalists’ views?

Its funny how people think we have lots of midfielders - given we started with a 16 y old in midfield and a lad from wycombe who joined 5 days before kick off.

Also funny how people talk (rightly) of Catts injury record whilst seeing MeGeouch as the great white hope with his record

Of course we should. My point was more about the scenario where all we are offered is subsidised loan deals
I think "we're not here to have the piss taken out of us" is the new rhetoric.

So you have written a financial and squad structure analysis based on this message board and journalists’ views?

What on earth are you talking about? I merely said a loan to a Championship will probably only save us £500k per annum. If they are the only deals on table i'd keep the pair.

Back