Cattermole

Of course not, I don't watch the games thinking - eeeh, I must learn the name of the Burton number eight because he's canny. But I haven't really seen anyone get the better of him really this season - and I've seen vast majority our games, which is at least more than you can say.

Charlton have the best central midfield imo, but we control most games when we play Catts and the right formation.

So you say he is the best centre mid in the division but can't even name one never mind ten other centre mids in League 1. I fail to understand how you can even attempt to make this assertion unless your sample of watching all of the other teams is, say, in double figures and in a variety of formations and against the same teams.

So you say he is the best centre mid in the division but can't even name one never mind ten other centre mids in League 1. I fail to understand how you can even attempt to make this assertion unless your sample of watching all of the other teams is, say, in double figures and in a variety of formations and against the same teams.

Because it's what I think. I never claimed it was statistically significant you absolute weapon. And unless you're about to boot-up Prozone and treat us to a Bielsa style presentation of league one's midfielders, I'd put it to you that this is enough for a f***ing Sunderland message board - and that you have an equally scant basis for the statements you make, time and again, on this subject.

He's easily our best midfielder and we're in the top 3-4 sides in the league with a gameplan much more orientated around controlling midfield than some of our competitors. It's also fairly safe to assume that he's played at a higher level - and thrived - than the vast majority. He's dominates most matches he plays and clearly influences our team positively. If you can't see that, I don't hold much hope for your in-depth thoughts on the test of the league of football more broadly tbh. You just seem a little sad with an agenda that is crumbling in front of the evidence.

Because it's what I think. I never claimed it was statistically significant you absolute weapon. And unless you're about to boot-up Prozone and treat us to a Bielsa style presentation of league one's midfielders, I'd put it to you that this is enough for a f***ing Sunderland message board - and that you have an equally scant basis for the statements you make, time and again, on this subject.

He's easily our best midfielder and we're in the top 3-4 sides in the league with a gameplan much more orientated around controlling midfield than some of our competitors. It's also fairly safe to assume that he's played at a higher level - and thrived - than the vast majority. He's dominates most matches he plays and clearly influences our team positively. If you can't see that, I don't hold much hope for your in-depth thoughts on the test of the league of football more broadly tbh. You just seem a little sad with an agenda that is crumbling in front of the evidence.

You were doing well until your last word. Evidence. Up until then it's all about opinion. We disagree. No probs with that. But then you revert to pejorative which doesn't sit well with rational argument.

You were doing well until your last word. Evidence. Up until then it's all about opinion. We disagree. No probs with that. But then you revert to pejorative which doesn't sit well with rational argument.

The evidence is that our points per game is better with him in the team than not. Look it up.

But you said he was the best CM in League 1. Evidence please.

The evidence I'm referring to in your case is your agenda that he is shite. He doesn't have to be the best in the league for that to be true - he just has to add value to us. And he does.

I admitted I have no "evidence" other than my opinion on saying he's one of the best in the league.

The evidence I'm referring to in your case is your agenda that he is shite. He doesn't have to be the best in the league for that to be true - he just has to add value to us. And he does.

I admitted I have no "evidence" other than my opinion on saying he's one of the best in the league.

So no evidence then. And if there is no evidence how can you posit so strongly that the evidence is crunbling my agenda. It seems when someone else has a different opinion you revert to insults. As for referring to stats, you are the one who said he was the best CM in League 1. Not me.

Was good today, sitting deeper helps him a lot he doesn’t have to cover as much ground.
Said this for years, when he doesn't get too ambitious and just moves from touchline to touchline protecting the backs he is brilliant.
Still say his performance against Man City (Ji) was one of the best defensive midfield displays I've seen on a football pitch.

A number of reason's but mainly, he's past it and on 40k a week....If we go up and he's playing regularly, we'll struggle, that also applies with noodles too!
Only if JR expects him to start every game.
Use him properly next season (if we go up) and I believe he could be the difference between being comfortable and struggling.

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol: evidence for an opinion.

It's an opinion. What someone thinks
Indeed. Quite agree. Read the thread.

To help Rocky.

Same can be said of the whole squad if that's the case. But hey, why give players credit if you can put them down, instead:rolleyes:

Yesterday is another example of many this season, why i can...

Why can't you admit when he plays well or you have to make an excuse for it and the wage argument is irrelevant. Why don't you criticise others

It's embarrassing people can't be objective I'm not really a honeyman fan but I can admit when he does well and don't need to make excuses as do why he does.

You've went off on a tangent.....Read back the posts on this thread, i've gave many reasons....

Last edited:
Our evidence is that Catts has been a regular from mid table premier team, to a consistently struggling prem team, to awful championship team to a 3rd division team that though the richest and best supported will probably not get promoted. He is not only gash he is overpaid gash. The sooner he goes the better.

Back