Cattermole

Not taking anything away from McGeouch, marra, quality player but Catts is like Marmite. You love him or hate him. Very few inbetweens. I love him. Always wished he played for us, even in his early days at the Smoggies:cool:

Dear me marra. Don't possibly see how you can compare Catts and O'Sheas contribution to the team in recent times. Catts had an injury which sidelined him for a good couple of seasons, basically. Still playing through the pain barrier so I hear. If managed correctly, which I think Jack is doing, he is one of the first names on the team sheet and rightly so, IMHO:rolleyes:
Quality players are of no use if they are not on the pitch mcgeoch is a sicknote with the heart of a pea........(muscle strain in his stomach ffs i watched him winge off the last time he played and he looked shagged after 10 minutes) not in the same professional league as catts im afraid!

THAT tackle was tremendous. It's tackles like that that get the crowd up for it and can completely change the dynamic of the game in our favour.

Why do you only ever criticise cattermole

I will of course let him speak for himself but I would suggest it's because we have the Catts love'in crew coming on here
Not taking anything away from McGeouch, marra, quality player but Catts is like Marmite. You love him or hate him. Very few inbetweens. I love him. Always wished he played for us, even in his early days at the Smoggies:cool:

Dear me marra. Don't possibly see how you can compare Catts and O'Sheas contribution to the team in recent times. Catts had an injury which sidelined him for a good couple of seasons, basically. Still playing through the pain barrier so I hear. If managed correctly, which I think Jack is doing, he is one of the first names on the team sheet and rightly so, IMHO:rolleyes:
And there we have the reason , ladies and gentlemen, why we find ourselves in League 1. Happy Clatters, happy with mediocratty providing the odd man is wiped out with a get stuck in tackle.

I will of course let him speak for himself but I would suggest it's because we have the Catts love'in crew coming on here

And there we have the reason , ladies and gentlemen, why we find ourselves in League 1. Happy Clatters, happy with mediocratty providing the odd man is wiped out with a get stuck in tackle.
He's played well this season

Mediocrity, marra! After the previous two seasons of abject failure, it appears that if you enjoy watching us win the odd game, and staying within our Fiscal constraints, you are labelled a happy clapper. If I wanted success year in/year out I'd be following someone like Citeh. It's very unlikely it's going to happen here, period! But that doesn't stop me being crazy about my Home Team:rolleyes:

Mediocrity, marra! After the previous two seasons of abject failure, it appears that if you enjoy watching us win the odd game, and staying within our Fiscal constraints, you are labelled a happy clapper. If I wanted success year in/year out I'd be following someone like Citeh. It's very unlikely it's going to happen here, period! But that doesn't stop me being crazy about my Home Team:rolleyes:

Happy Clatter (sic)

I generally don't conflate how much he earns with his performances. I keep 'em seperate.

Cool. Now that we've dealt with the pound for pound issue, surely you should be able to identify him as one of the best midfielders in the league then? Because he clearly is - the difference in our results with/without him is clear for all to see.

You must go to games
Yup.

Ernie man. Years and years and he continuously just abused Cattermole. Doesn't go to games. Canny sad TBH

The difference he makes is massive, especially in this league.

Certainly made a difference over the past 5 years, and I speak as a supporter of a League 1 team.

I shan't get into an argument with you in respect of going to games as that is playing the man, not the ball. Something, ironically, catts is quite good at, or was until his legs went.

Cool. Now that we've dealt with the pound for pound issue, surely you should be able to identify him as one of the best midfielders in the league then? Because he clearly is - the difference in our results with/without him is clear for all to see.
Crap, or slightly less crap? But still crap. Fair enough.

Last edited:
Yup.

Certainly made a difference over the past 5 years, and I speak as a supporter of a League 1 team.

I shan't get into an argument with you in respect of going to games as that is playing the man, not the ball. Something, ironically, catts is quite good at, or was until his legs went.

Crap, or slightly less crap? But still crap. Fair enough.

He's one of the best midfielders in the league.

If you dismiss him, you're dismissing the whole league. Which is up to you, but why bother even coming on here then? Why not stay away from here until we get back to a level of football you like watching? Do us all a favour tbh.

He's one of the best midfielders in the league.

If you dismiss him, you're dismissing the whole league. Which is up to you, but why bother even coming on here then? Why not stay away from here until we get back to a level of football you like watching? Do us all a favour tbh.
Can you name 10 midfielders from other sides in this league please. No peeking.

Can you name 10 midfielders from other sides in this league please. No peeking.

Of course not, I don't watch the games thinking - eeeh, I must learn the name of the Burton number eight because he's canny. But I haven't really seen anyone get the better of him really this season - and I've seen vast majority our games, which is at least more than you can say.

Charlton have the best central midfield imo, but we control most games when we play Catts and the right formation.

Back