Cattermole setback

Status
Not open for further replies.

DM: “Because Catts has been running I think he’s got a sore Achilles and he’s had an injection in it,”

“He’s recovering from his hip but he’s trying to get over the period of getting injured and getting back, so I don’t think it will necessarily be a quick return.”

A shame because we could do with him in the fixtures coming up.
We only have 3 fixtures in the next month and a bit.

He was never expected back until the end of the season anyway.

Good signing at the time....the mistake was giving him a new five year deal when we knew he was injury prone....but hey, it's what we do.

Apart for the confetti red cards when he forst came.........Love Clattermole me, he got that deal on account of keeping us up single handed, so earned the fooka.....

He is completely fucked. He keeps trying to come back but I really do fear that he is done. Hip injuries are notoriously hard to get rid of and after Keane started to have problems with his at around 30/31 he was never the same player and it finished him sooner than what he otherwise would have been imo.

So, basically his return date hasn't changed but he has picked up a small niggle in the achilles. Plenty bed wetting on here as usual

We have another free weekend on the 11th ...so expect him on the bench for burnley then another free weekend after that ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back