Cattermole gone

Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone,
Prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone,
Silence the pianos and with muffled drum
Bring out the coffin, let the mourners come.

Let aeroplanes circle moaning overhead
Scribbling on the sky the message He Is Dead,
Put crepe bows round the white necks of the public doves,
Let the traffic policemen wear black cotton gloves.

He was my North, my South, my East and West,
My working week and my Sunday rest,
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last for ever: I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now: put out every one;
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the wood;
For nothing now can ever come to any good.

Catts or Rafa ?

Of course he'd be thinking about himself. As would anyone making such a choice.

I don't agree that everyone is so selfish. As an senior statesman within the club, and taking account of what he has recently said about the club and the supporters, Cattermole may well have worked actively with the club to sort out the financial situation of his salary rather than, say, the club broaching the issue and pursuing a solution on the front front. I'd like to think the lad wouldn't perhaps be as greedy and self centred as some of our recent players who have left.

Last edited:
I don't agree that everyone is so selfish. As an senior statesman within the club, and taking account of what he has recently said about the club and the supporters, Cattermole may well have worked actively with the club to sort out the financial situation of his salary rather than, say, the club broaching the issue and pursuing a solution on the front front. I'd like to think the lad wouldn't perhaps be as greedy and self centred as some of our recent players who have left.
It's his career of course he's going to think about himself. Whether that means hes happy to leave with nothing or if he sorted out a severence package. That isn't self centered or greedy, it's sensible.

It's good 'net manners to acknowledge the author. W. H. Auden

It's his career of course he's going to think about himself. Whether that means hes happy to leave with nothing or if he sorted out a severence package. That isn't self centered or greedy, it's sensible.
The definition of 'honour' and Cattermole are, in my opinion, not really compatible given his appointed agent's mutterings regarding getting every penny of his salary out of the club and without a rebuttal by Cattermole himself. But, regardless, I find the insight from your comments about putting self first interesting.

The definition of 'honour' and Cattermole are, in my opinion, not really compatible given his appointed agent's mutterings regarding getting every penny of his salary out of the club and without a rebuttal by Cattermole himself. But, regardless, I find the insight from your comments about putting self-interest first interesting.

Never thought I'd live to see this day

Safc should retire the no6 shorts surely .......
No, whoever wears 6 has to have their shirt sewn inside their shorts as a permanent tribute to Mr Tucked In.

Not perfect by any means but he has been a good player amongst a load of shite and had many more good games than bad. Was head and shoulders above the rest of our midfield and showed Leadbitter up who needs to get into gear this season.

Good luck Catts

The definition of 'honour' and Cattermole are, in my opinion, not really compatible given his appointed agent's mutterings regarding getting every penny of his salary out of the club and without a rebuttal by Cattermole himself. But, regardless, I find the insight from your comments about putting self first interesting.
Self first? I never said that. Please don't make things up.

Our more recent record is one of shrewd signings.....McLaughlin (keeper), McGeouch, McGuire all excellent free signings, O9 tremendous signing given the size of the fee........Like all clubs there will be those that dont work out but not sure we have done too badly......Ironically the ones that seem to struggle so far are those who have cost big £££. I am hoping that we see a huge return on Grigg and Wyke this season and for me that is all about investing some of those wages we have freed up and getting a play maker in.

Give ower

Our more recent record is one of shrewd signings.....McLaughlin (keeper), McGeouch, McGuire all excellent free signings, O9 tremendous signing given the size of the fee........Like all clubs there will be those that dont work out but not sure we have done too badly......Ironically the ones that seem to struggle so far are those who have cost big £££. I am hoping that we see a huge return on Grigg and Wyke this season and for me that is all about investing some of those wages we have freed up and getting a play maker in.
:lol::lol::lol:

Back