Catering required

Strawbs were class

Central Defender
Sorting out my Dads wake and because his local boozer was a proper pub it doesnt do food so I am going to have to buy some in. The one the funeral directors mention looks pretty basic fayre, anyone got any recommendations? It the Boldon area.

M&S do sandwich platters and all that sort of kit if that’s easier than messing on with caterers. Would just need someone to pick them up obviously and take them to the pub for ya

Sorting out my Dads wake and because his local boozer was a proper pub it doesnt do food so I am going to have to buy some in. The one the funeral directors mention looks pretty basic fayre, anyone got any recommendations? It the Boldon area.

Morrisons do catering platters etc. They might even deliver it to the pub for you. Not sure if there's one nearby but they do a canny spread.
The scones are tremendous.

Sorry for your loss

M&S do sandwich platters and all that sort of kit if that’s easier than messing on with caterers. Would just need someone to pick them up obviously and take them to the pub for ya
Was wanting someone to do the legwork and sort the whole thing out rather than mess around myself pulling it together but it might be an option if all I can get are vol-au-vonts and egg mayo sarnies

Was wanting someone to do the legwork and sort the whole thing out rather than mess around myself pulling it together but it might be an option if all I can get are vol-au-vonts and egg mayo sarnies
Yeh when we did me mums last week the offerings my sis found were pretty meagre and bland from caterers so was just easier shipping a load in from m&s and at least you know it’ll be good kit from them.
Sorry about ya da mate, hope you get it all sorted

I can recommend EVS catering. I think they are Fulwell based. Usually very busy so may not be able to fit you in but prices are great and the food was very good quality. Can be found on Facebook.

Sorry for your loss marra..my Dad died last month and I used Hendersons butchers on Roker Avenue..too far??..they'll do a spread for you..it was really nice like..worked out at £5 per head.

Sorry for your loss. Pretty sure the sandwich shop a few doors up from Blossom House (ex Yangtze River) do catering, also Whitburn Caterers.

Sorry to hear your loss mate. It's a tough thing to go through xx

This lady did my Dad's and the food was outstanding.

Loads of different savoury stuff and fresh fruit platters and it was £4.50 a head. Numerous people commented on how nice the food was. Really kind and friendly woman as well.

I've got nowt to add on the catering, but sorry to hear about your dad mate.
Glad you're out and safe and sound
Sorry to hear your loss mate. It's a tough thing to go through xx

This lady did my Dad's and the food was outstanding.

Loads of different savoury stuff and fresh fruit platters and it was £4.50 a head. Numerous people commented on how nice the food was. Really kind and friendly woman as well.
Cheers Becs, good recommendation, will look into it

Last edited:
Has the funeral director not recommended anyone? We get the majority of our funeral outside catering direct from the local FD rather than the family themselves. If your struggling to find anyone then they will know the best people locally

Last edited:
Has the funeral director not recommended anyone? We get the majority of our funeral outside catering direct from the local FD rather than the family themselves. If your struggling to find anyone then they will know the best people locally
They had a menu from a company in its pack but it looked all a bit shite tbf, thats why I am fishing about for recommendations
The FD has buffet choices from a local company in its pack but its all a bit meh, I am just fishing for other options
The Funky Indian Catering for something different.
They still going? Thought it had shut up shop

Sorry for your loss marra..my Dad died last month and I used Hendersons butchers on Roker Avenue..too far??..they'll do a spread for you..it was really nice like..worked out at £5 per head.

This, good lad is Marty

This, good lad is Marty

Last edited:
They had a menu from a company in its pack but it looked all a bit shite tbf, thats why I am fishing about for recommendations
The FD has buffet choices from a local company in its pack but its all a bit meh, I am just fishing for other options

They still going? Thought it had shut up shop
Sure they only do catering these days. Restaurant is closed and they focus just on this.

0191 5674444

Back