Castleford Tigers . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't wait for Thursday!! I am taking my father in law to the Jungle. He is in his late 70's. He used to go to EVERY game. Did it for years but gave it up a few years back due to his age.

They have been bang average for many years but it they avoid defeat then they will win the league shield, he told me a few years back that he never thought he'd see the day it would happen.

I can't claim to be a 'proper fan' - this will be my 9th game!! BUT absolutely buzzing to be taking him. Imagine one day getting to see Sunderland win the premier league. He is going to see this after years of support.

Then on to the grand final.

Went there for the derby game against Wakefield in 2013 over Easter. Match was called off about 10 minutes early when the roof of the main enclosure down one side of the pitch caught fire :lol:

It was like a 70's and 80's timewarp after the game too. None of this outstretched arms then shouting abuse and backing off. Proper punches and kicks and blood! I never knew the rivalry between the two sides were that intense until then.

Thank God the old guard are gradually making way. Wigan, Leeds, Warrington and St. Helens had been slowly strangling Super League for their own benefit for years. Now we have Cas, Salford and Hull shaking things up a bit. I wonder how much Rangi Chase regrets throwing his career away now.

How many they expecting? You told their website you are going, maybe they can all call in sick and go to the match.

;) - sold 10500 so far, around 1000 remaining.

Went there for the derby game against Wakefield in 2013 over Easter. Match was called off about 10 minutes early when the roof of the main enclosure down one side of the pitch caught fire :lol:

It was like a 70's and 80's timewarp after the game too. None of this outstretched arms then shouting abuse and backing off. Proper punches and kicks and blood! I never knew the rivalry between the two sides were that intense until then.

Thank God the old guard are gradually making way. Wigan, Leeds, Warrington and St. Helens had been slowly strangling Super League for their own benefit for years. Now we have Cas, Salford and Hull shaking things up a bit. I wonder how much Rangi Chase regrets throwing his career away now.

Yeah, defo a new era!!

There is some needle between the clubs alright!!

Last edited:
WHAT. A. NIGHT - not so much for me, simply for being able to watch my father in law. As I said in the post, he is in his late 70's but was literally kicking and passing every ball. Jumping round like he was in his 20's man.

Was a joy to be able to see them have that moment. On to the grand final now . . . Hopefully.

Really pleased for Cas.... used to play football with a Cas fan when I lived in York, who played a bit like a rugby league player with bearhugs from behind to stop you turning him.

The place was definitely synonymous with the team.

Great fans the Cas fans. I used to go and watch Gateshead Thunder, one weekend a year a bus load of Cas fans would pile up. They'd almost drink the Wheaty in felling dry then join us for the game. Meet up with them every Magic Weekend now and had 3 of them sleep on my floor as they didn't want to go home.

sweet caroline and the line 'I don't believe ya ya making it up ya bitch' would be good to hear at the Grand Final.

Great fans the Cas fans. I used to go and watch Gateshead Thunder, one weekend a year a bus load of Cas fans would pile up. They'd almost drink the Wheaty in felling dry then join us for the game. Meet up with them every Magic Weekend now and had 3 of them sleep on my floor as they didn't want to go home.

sweet caroline and the line 'I don't believe ya ya making it up ya bitch' would be good to hear at the Grand Final.

It really is a QUALITY song. Went on for ages after the game.

WHAT. A. NIGHT - not so much for me, simply for being able to watch my father in law. As I said in the post, he is in his late 70's but was literally kicking and passing every ball. Jumping round like he was in his 20's man.

Was a joy to be able to see them have that moment. On to the grand final now . . . Hopefully.

Always had a soft spot for Cas, I was best man to a lad who is a big Cas fan.

Does your father in law refer to 'going dahn't lane' rather than 'going to the Jungle'?

Brilliant result for them getting the league leaders trophy, watched it last night. They've played great attacking stuff all season. Also shows how competitive sport can be with a salary cap, without one Leeds and Wigan would win Super league all the time.
Also shows how good a coach Daryl Powell is, Cas were bottom of the league iirc when he took over in 2013

Boot room.is a fab pub. Been in a couple of times
HUUUUGE outside space. Was class pre match.

SWWEEEEEEET CAROLINE.

Brilliant result for them getting the league leaders trophy, watched it last night. They've played great attacking stuff all season. Also shows how competitive sport can be with a salary cap, without one Leeds and Wigan would win Super league all the time.
Also shows how good a coach Daryl Powell is, Cas were bottom of the league iirc when he took over in 2013

They sure were - - - and totally agree. Leeds/Wigan/Saints/Hull etc would never lose!!

Still like pulling out teeth to get any praise from the Sky Sports mob. All they could talk about was how many League Leaders Shield winners never make the Grand Final and what happens if Luke Gale gets injured in the next few weeks. I'm pleased they were there, though, just so the Cas success story was stuffed down their throats. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back