Cashing in is biting the owners in the ass

What, Reece james was on wages disproportionate to our income??

It wasn't a new contract - it was an exercise of an option in his old one.
Did we not owe money to that club ?

I think that's a coincidence. It seems to have been driven from the Bordeaux side, ie they approached Maja. Why would we have approached Bordeaux when we wanted to keep him? Could it not be that Bordeaux saw this as an easy way of getting the Khazri deal over and done with, not the other way round? No cash changes hands, and they get Maja.
Im not saying I don’t agree with this, tu do you have evidence that both Oviedo and Cattermole are still being payed by the club. If you do have evidence could you post it up on here, thanks.

Who is Fagan

You're getting your novels crossed - Fagan is Oliver Twist. And you probably meant Scrooge anyway, which is A Christmas Carol.

Last edited:

It wasn't a new contract - it was an exercise of an option in his old one.

I think that's a coincidence. It seems to have been driven from the Bordeaux side, ie they approached Maja. Why would we have approached Bordeaux when we wanted to keep him? Could it not be that Bordeaux saw this as an easy way of getting the Khazri deal over and done with, not the other way round? No cash changes hands, and they get Maja.

You're getting your novels crossed - Fagan is Oliver Twist. And you probably meant Scrooge anyway, which is A Christmas Carol.
Bagh humbug

Isnt the point here that we've sold/let go a player who is better than what we've brought in and who will have been on minimal wages. To say he was on wages that we essentially couldn't afford is wrong imo. It was an illogical decision.

Pretty much every player that has left has been replaced by someone significantly worse.

When Charlie Methven and Donald Stewart said about how they could get rid of one high earner and bring in 5 or 6 league one players for the same money, I was banging my head against a brick wall about how 1 player with even just flashes of skill and occasional brilliance would be better than 6 cloggers.

Example: Despite promising us he didn't have to, Donald Stewart actually got rid of Brian Oviedo, replaced him with Laurens De Bock and is still paying Oviedo's wages. The man is the epitome of incompetence

According to Josh, he was not offered what he asked for, and he wanted to stay.

So it's a he-said she-said and frankly one of these parties has had his... forthright nature... thrown into question more than the other.

In the Echo piece he says he wanted to stay and the next quote is essentially him saying he wanted to leave for Bordeaux.
must be true if Donald said it, what with his track record for honesty

Whereas these players never lie, almost like the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Last edited:

Which would have cost us the best part of £3m. If he'd left as a free agent, we'd only have got UEFA compensation of around £200k for him. And there's no guarantee that, having been denied his move, he'd have been the same player as he was before Christmas, nor that we'd have been guaranteed promotion had he stayed (although that was possibly more likely). Caught between a rock and a hard place, as it were.

Im not saying I don’t agree with this, tu do you have evidence that both Oviedo and Cattermole are still being payed by the club. If you do have evidence could you post it up on here, thanks.

Who is Fagan
It was posted onto here & twitter from one of those talk ins with Charlie

Pretty much every player that has left has been replaced by someone significantly worse.

When Charlie Methven and Donald Stewart said about how they could get rid of one high earner and bring in 5 or 6 league one players for the same money, I was banging my head against a brick wall about how 1 player with even just flashes of skill and occasional brilliance would be better than 6 cloggers.

Example: Despite promising us he didn't have to, Donald Stewart actually got rid of Brian Oviedo, replaced him with Laurens De Bock and is still paying Oviedo's wages. The man is the epitome of incompetence
Totally agree mate.

Signed Leadbitter > Released Cattermole > Kept paying Cattermole > kept Leadbitter > signer Dobson

That little escapade alone shows he doesn’t have a clue what he’s doing

We have sold anybody who can bring in cash, thinking we could easily replace them and it has killed us.
Maja - Donald forced a decision
Honeyman - didn’t ask to leave
James - signed a new contract
Matthews - we thought he was too expensive.

All of their replacements have failed miserably as our scouting is diabolical. I predict that we will go the same route with John Mc and Luke O’Nein if someone offers cash. Maybe even young Denver could go !!!
You smell of Bisto.

Which would have cost us the best part of £3m. If he'd left as a free agent, we'd only have got UEFA compensation of around £200k for him. And there's no guarantee that, having been denied his move, he'd have been the same player as he was before Christmas, nor that we'd have been guaranteed promotion had he stayed (although that was possibly more likely). Caught between a rock and a hard place, as it were.
What will a minimum of a third season in this division cost us?

What will a minimum of a third season in this division cost us?
20/20 hindsight's a wonderful thing. You can't change the past. All I'm saying is that the decision made in January was rational. And if the Will Grigg who played in this division before had turned up, the argument would probably be academic. It's at least arguable that our season changed the moment he missed that sitter in his debut.

Back