Cashing in is biting the owners in the ass

As it's that time of year, I'll quote Dickens;

"Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen pounds nineteen and six, result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery."

Mr Micawber in David Copperfield.

We needed to get the books balanced. Only Maja wasn't on wages disproportionate to our income, and he wanted to leave.

What, Reece james was on wages disproportionate to our income??

Maja would have stayed until the summer if Donald hadn’t pushed his agent. Listen to the podcast in December / early January when Donald took on the agent

Not this again.

The club offered Maja's agent everything they asked for, after that the agent went totally 'radio silent' and stopped contact the the club.

Not only did he stop contacting the club, but he didn't respond to phone calls and emails from the club.

I've been no supporter of the owners at times, but what on earth did you want the club to do at this point? We gave him a two week deadline AFTER he'd not responded for two weeks.

We'd have rightfully had serious questions to ask if the club just sat back and waiting for the call from the agent that was never going to come.

According to Donald ! Not sure what to believe re Donald

I always think it's probably a half truth. We likely did offer what they initially suggested they wanted, which would likely have been in our wage budget. Once he started banging in goals left, right and centre, however, they realised they could get a lot more than they initially wanted, at a team in a better league, and so the agent (doing his job) advised the lad not to rush into signing anything until he saw what other offers he might get. Once Bordeaux came in for him I don't think we could compete financially

I always think it's probably a half truth. We likely did offer what they initially suggested they wanted, which would likely have been in our wage budget. Once he started banging in goals left, right and centre, however, they realised they could get a lot more than they initially wanted, at a team in a better league, and so the agent (doing his job) advised the lad not to rush into signing anything until he saw what other offers he might get. Once Bordeaux came in for him I don't think we could compete financially
Did we not owe money to that club ?

I like the way people claim this was just a sudden January problem when defending the club. They had months to sort it out.

Question that needs asking is would it really of cost us more to give Maja what he wanted than what it’s cost us to bring Grigg in
The trouble with this is that the owners panicked bringing someone in.

The problem they created themselves is that they didn’t have anyone lined up before letting Maja go, if you’re going to let a player go there needs to be an agreement in place to sign the replacement. They simply had a list and expected that any of those players would crawl to us given our stature. They were wrong and in the end paid over the top to secure ‘someone’. We really shouldn’t have paid that amount, it was absolute stupidity.

The fact that we are paying Oviedo and Cattermole to play for another time whilst we watch Hume & Leadbitter play really frustrates me and to be fair to Hume he is one of the only players that can create anything.
Im not saying I don’t agree with this, tu do you have evidence that both Oviedo and Cattermole are still being payed by the club. If you do have evidence could you post it up on here, thanks.
As it's that time of year, I'll quote Dickens;

"Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen pounds nineteen and six, result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery."

Mr Micawber in David Copperfield.

We needed to get the books balanced. Only Maja wasn't on wages disproportionate to our income, and he wanted to leave.
Who is Fagan
We offered Maja what he wanted, according to Donald. He wanted to leave.
[/QUOTE
Is this the same Donald that said we had no need to sell high earners, before erm selling them. Oh I’m not allowed to question Donald.

Last edited:

Back