Cashing in gold

safccfas

Winger
Anyone done it before?
Where’s best and how do you get an idea of how much you should be getting etc?
I’ve got an old chain and ring from when I was a young’un that’s been sat in a drawer for 20 plus years !

Anyone done it before?
I’ve got an old chain and ring from when I was a young’un that’s been sat in a drawer for 20 plus years !
Check out who has the best gold price, the rock up, they weigh it and then give you the equivalent in cash. Done it once about 7 years ago (the gold prices were higher then though sadly).

Usually just go to Ramsdens

Have you used them before?
Check out who has the best gold price, the rock up, they weigh it and then give you the equivalent in cash. Done it once about 7 years ago (the gold prices were higher then though sadly).

Is it different prices depending on the gold type/quality, I’m assuming it is. Don’t want to get ripped off so was thinking of somewhere like Ramsdens

Last edited:
Have you used them before?

Is it different prices depending on the gold type/quality, I’m assuming it is. Don’t want to get ripped off so was thinking of somewhere like Ramsdens
Yes. Obviously you should be getting better rates for the higher k gold, mine was 9ct that i cashed in at the time. Ramsdens won't rip you off I wouldn't have thought (but I'd deffo take it to a few shops just to be sure).

Go to one of these cash for gold places and then go to the next one and say "X" has offered me such and such, do that in all the shops and you'll end up with a lot more than the original offer.

Anyone done it before?
middletons in Frederick street. much better deal than ramsdens

There’s a thread the other day about this

Last edited:
Anyone done it before?

Bought a gold chain in Portugal on a lads holiday years back.
Went into a proper jeweller as the guy was shutting shop.
Spent a fair bit of time talking football and a big Porto fan. Anyway bought this gold chain and he was telling me all about the quality etc and to be fair I had no idea.
Can’t remember how much I paid for it but I always wear it.
I broke the eye a few months back and walked in a local jeweller here to repair it. Cost £40 to repair and they told me it was a lovely piece of gold.
They valued it at £1,400 !!! I was absolutely shocked and as I drove home I thought of that bloke who never ripped me off.
There you go.

Bought a gold chain in Portugal on a lads holiday years back.
Went into a proper jeweller as the guy was shutting shop.
Spent a fair bit of time talking football and a big Porto fan. Anyway bought this gold chain and he was telling me all about the quality etc and to be fair I had no idea.
Can’t remember how much I paid for it but I always wear it.
I broke the eye a few months back and walked in a local jeweller here to repair it. Cost £40 to repair and they told me it was a lovely piece of gold.
They valued it at £1,400 !!! I was absolutely shocked and as I drove home I thought of that bloke who never ripped me off.
There you go.

You might have paid 3k and been stitched up.

Back