Status
Not open for further replies.

So hypothetically

I’m early 40’s

Earn 100 a year plus 18 from rental property

Super = 200 only pay 15% tax

Mortgage 1 390 my house

Mortgage 2 440 rental interest is tax deductible

Want to retire at 50. Should I overpay mortgage 1, put more into super (can’t take till 60)

I have 2000 a month surplus

I’m prepared to sell property at 50 and move so that’s not an issue

So.......

An Aussie asking for financial advice on a football forum full of Brits.

1) I’m from England
2) this is the wise SMB not football

Aye, but most of us knackers aren't going to know what a "super" unless it's Super Kev.

If you want some (probably clueless and shit advice) then I'd overpay the mortgage, presuming your "super" doesn't give you some sort of tax break and that it doesn't pay out loads more in interest than your mortgage company charge.

I'm guessing the thread's a wind-up though. :lol:

Last edited:
Aye, but most of us knackers aren't going to know what a "super" unless it's Super Kev.

If you want some (probably clueless and shit advice) then I'd overpay the mortgage, presuming your "super" doesn't give you some sort of tax break and that it doesn't pay out loads more in interest than your mortgage company charge.

I'm guessing the thread's a wind-up though. :lol:

Super is taxed at a lower rate and averages a return of 6-8%, which is more than the mortgage.

So super is a better investment purely on % but it would mean living on less cash between 50-60 years of age

Hence the question

I smell bullshit but I'm not sure as Google translate blew up when trying to make sense of the OP.

Based on what

Super is taxed at a lower rate and averages a return of 6-8%, which is more than the mortgage.

So super is a better investment purely on % but it would mean living on less cash between 50-60 years of age

Hence the question

If you throw it at the super, can you afford to retire at 50?
If you throw it at the mortgage, can you afford to retire at 50?

Must you retire at 50?

You'll probably be able to answer your own question based on the answers to these questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back