Cases today

When will the goverment give a sh*t about the amount of people dying a day. What figure does it have to be?
Pre-Covid, 45,000 people per month died in the UK from all reasons.

Covid deaths are currently at, what, between 3000 and 3500 per month and have possibly replaced some of the other reasons as the cause?

I don't think zero Covid deaths is possible and I suspect the government will be working to parameters set by their advisors.

It's here to stay - x amount of deaths per day/month/year may be the price we have to pay to live with it.

Numbers have been fairly static for a few weeks now.

Have we reached our baseline? And if so, when are they going to stop reporting these figures daily and switch to weekly or monthly?
My expectation is that COVID will re-take the media spotlight through the annual NHS crisis, I think Spring will be when the reporting scales back. Although I have to say away from the SMB I see very very little mention of COVID and the daily figures, a flash in the pan during the evening news bulletin and thats it.

My expectation is that COVID will re-take the media spotlight through the annual NHS crisis, I think Spring will be when the reporting scales back. Although I have to say away from the SMB I see very very little mention of COVID and the daily figures, a flash in the pan during the evening news bulletin and thats it.
True and its because there is very little ro report over that period. The period coming up is the problem and always has been.

Back