Cases today

Well this thread stopped on topic!

After a week of below average cases, we have had a couple of high case days. Way too early to worry about it being a big trend change.

Our office has avoided it until now, but we have two people (plus all of both households) with it now. Not linked I don’t believe, one from kids’ school and other from her partner, and after a week no one else in the office has it

Last edited:
Cases 40,701

Deaths 122

'Cases' don't tell us much. It's which people are being infected. The only thing it may suggest is the higher the cases, the higher the number of vulnerable people being infected; but that would be an assumption rather than a fact.

Hospital admissions is the figure to look at, and at the moment it is looking good, no doubt about that. But, it's looked good before and then gone haywire.

Last year the worst time was from the beginning of December, and that will be the time when we'll really know whether or not 'it's over'.

And, I know you'll be reading this Nightclub Rob, which in itself is a freak of nature seeing as you're hell-bent on being out there and enjoying your 'full life' yet you spend an inordinate amount of time on here, but just to clarify: I have not forgotten the vaccines, nor have the people who have made a career out of virology and the like and are adamant that no reasonable person can confidently state: "it is over" at this point.

Our office has avoided it until now, but we have two people (plus all of both households) with it now. Not linked I don’t believe, one from kids’ school and other from her partner, and after a week no one else in the office has it
Sounds like everybody is vaccinated!

Numbers have been fairly static for a few weeks now.

Have we reached our baseline? And if so, when are they going to stop reporting these figures daily and switch to weekly or monthly?

Numbers have been fairly static for a few weeks now.

Have we reached our baseline? And if so, when are they going to stop reporting these figures daily and switch to weekly or monthly?
We know that Covd has muscled out nearly every other virus, and if it limps on for another year, does that mean the flu (currently predicted to take 60,000) takes even more the next year, and can we afford to lockdown again?

Just a thought...I'm open to be educated.

Edit: Just heard that Covid and winter flu can exist together.
We know that Covd has muscled out nearly every other virus, and if it limps on for another year, does that mean the flu (currently predicted to take 60,000) takes even more the next year, and can we afford to lockdown again?

Just a thought...I'm open to be educated.

Edit: Just heard that Covid and winter flu can exist together.
Bump: It was lockdown that excluded flu he said, not Covid...I'm thick.

Last edited:

Back