Cars v Cyclists - New Fines

I’ll leave this little nugget here and leave yous to debate the rights and wrongs.

Quick summary: £100 fine or 3 points for passing a cyclist to close in your vehicle or stopping cycle boxes.

It also suggests giving cyclists priority when you’re turning into a minor junction.

New driving law sees £100 fine for driving near cyclists - Car Keys

There are already offences which cover these though, careless or inconsiderate for passing too close, going into an advanced stop box for a driver is contravening a red ATS and surely giving cyclists priorty when you are turning across their path is just giving way to other road traffic.

They should be writing legislation about tax discs on bikes and cyclists having licenses and insurance instead

There are already offences which cover these though, careless or inconsiderate for passing too close, going into an advanced stop box for a driver is contravening a red ATS and surely giving cyclists priorty when you are turning across their path is just giving way to other road traffic.

They should be writing legislation about tax discs on bikes and cyclists having licenses and insurance instead
You didn't bother to read the article, did you.

It's referring to cyclists in the inside lane going in the same direction as you. It'll be a right faff on at lights for buses and lorries

Very annoying when they ride abreast of one another and not in single file. Pure ignorance.

Downright ignorance doing what the highway code tells them to do.

You didn't bother to read the article, did you.

It's referring to cyclists in the inside lane going in the same direction as you. It'll be a right faff on at lights for buses and lorries

I did yes, why would you turn left when there is another road user there? Basic rules of the road say you don't do it, thats why advanced stop boxes and cyclist priority traffic lights had to be introduced, because so my people on the road can't drive safely

Last edited:
I don’t mind cyclists that much, but when I’m driving into work on a weekend close to Richmond Park, do they really need to be doing an unannounced slow motion Tour de France with 300 bikes blocking both directions of traffic? When there’s designated cycle lanes that they don’t use? I know they’re not obligated to use them but surely some common sense and courtesy for other road users might cross their mind?

It’s hard to judge the distance though as the fuckers are usually all over the road

I don’t mind cyclists that much, but when I’m driving into work on a weekend close to Richmond Park, do they really need to be doing an unannounced slow motion Tour de France with 300 bikes blocking both directions of traffic? When there’s designated cycle lanes that they don’t use? I know they’re not obligated to use them but surely some common sense and courtesy for other road users might cross their mind?

They don’t have any courtesy though, they just like to wind people up

That’s why they wear the cameras so they can stick it on YouTube for a laugh

No need to tell me, tell the law makers.

Back