Premier League (x5)
Champions League
FA Cup
World Club Cup
Europa League
League Cup (x2)

You don't get that many medals by being ok
Aye but what else has he done :lol:

In fairness It’s par for the course here that you’re shit unless you’re Messi or Ronaldo. I read earlier that a regular starter for Brazil’s national team (Fred) wouldn’t get a start at Sunderland!

Last edited:

Look at his winners medals

Premier League (x5)
Champions League
FA Cup
World Club Cup
Europa League
League Cup (x2)

You don't get that many medals by being ok

Don’t forget he won Man Utd player’s player of the year 2012/13 ... the last season they won the Premier League

But other than that, not an important player for them

Some people must watch a different game to me. Carrick always seemed to have time on the ball, sign of a class player, and was an excellent passer. Didn’t need to go charging about the pitch clattering into other players as he could read the game so well.

Sign of the number of dickhead managers England have had that he didn’t win more caps.

Some people must watch a different game to me. Carrick always seemed to have time on the ball, sign of a class player, and was an excellent passer. Didn’t need to go charging about the pitch clattering into other players as he could read the game so well.

Sign of the number of dickhead managers England have had that he didn’t win more caps.

Too busy giving time to the “superstars”.

To be Alex Ferguson’s centre mid of choice for so many years is about as big of a compliment a player could get

It would be, but he’s out of our league, figuratively and literally.
The point being no one has a clue how good or bad he is or even if he would even want to move into management.

As for being an ambitious appointment I’d argue it would be a massive gamble for both parties.

The point being no one has a clue how good or bad he is or even if he would even want to move into management.

As for being an ambitious appointment I’d argue it would be a massive gamble for both parties.

He’s not had a bad start, mind. Took a team looking as flat as a fart and got 2 wins and a draw from 3 very tough games.

To be fair I always think the servant line is a strange one. United were as good as he could get, it's not like he stayed out of pure loyalty. Le Tissier at Southampton you could say was a great servant to Southampton. You're probably right mind, it just doesn't sit right with me when likely the reason he stayed so long was because no one better wanted him,
That's the thing though, at the time he was playing there was no one better. Most of his 312 games were in Fergie's Man U. He was a great servant. That's not even in question, for me.

That's the thing though, at the time he was playing there was no one better. Most of his 312 games were in Fergie's Man U. He was a great servant. That's not even in question, for me.
Aye but that's my point. No one better wanted him (or there was no one better) so he stayed. That's him staying at the best place he can be. That isn't being a servant imo, that's just doing what's best for him. Again, le tissier I'd see as a great servant, could have gone elsewhere, won things, made more money but chose to stay. Carrick was at arguably the best club and stayed for that reason, there was no one better to go to, no one was offering him more money, so I don't really see it as being a great servant as such, but think I've got a different definition to most. I think you're only a great servant if you give something up to stay there, he didn't. Some say cattermole was a great servant, he got an absolute fortune here that he couldn't have got elsewhere so I wouldn't say it applies to him either

Aye but that's my point. No one better wanted him (or there was no one better) so he stayed. That's him staying at the best place he can be. That isn't being a servant imo, that's just doing what's best for him. Again, le tissier I'd see as a great servant, could have gone elsewhere, won things, made more money but chose to stay. Carrick was at arguably the best club and stayed for that reason, there was no one better to go to, no one was offering him more money, so I don't really see it as being a great servant as such, but think I've got a different definition to most. I think you're only a great servant if you give something up to stay there, he didn't. Some say cattermole was a great servant, he got an absolute fortune here that he couldn't have got elsewhere so I wouldn't say it applies to him either
Or you could look at it like I do. Le Tissier was an unambitious coward who preferred to be a big fish in a little pond. Its about perspective, I guess.

Came across very well in the interview. I heard a few years ago he had a gaff built in Newcastle to eventually come back to. Hope he never has any involvement with them lot

Back