Carragher ‘whats going on at Sunderland’

The problem we have is when clubs are at their lowest ebb it attracts the opportunists, the chancers and the vultures looking to come in and pick away at the carcass. If we are still in League One when we are sold again I wouldn't be surprised if the next owners are of the same ilk as SD and CM.

Not sure what to make of this TBH. SD reportedly bought a 10% share in Oxford United in 2015, a club he has supported all his life, whilst still Chairman of Eastleigh. Whilst Dave Jones also became a non-executive director of Oxford United in 2015. the same role he has undertaken here under SD.

The problem we have is when clubs are at their lowest ebb it attracts the opportunists, the chancers and the vultures looking to come in and pick away at the carcass. If we are still in League One when we are sold again I wouldn't be surprised if the next owners are of the same ilk as SD and CM.
Your spot on, A huge possibility imo

Like Tony Davison was? We always got the impression that he was in charge and it was his strategy the club was following.

We are not like any ordinary business. Most businesses don’t have thousands of people passionately following them whose lives are effected by how they perform.
I’m well aware of the MD / CEO’s job in most companies but I don’t believe he will be in charge of the future direction and ownership of the club any more than Bain or Davison were. That’s why it is worrying if Jones couldn’t answer Carraghers question.

Oh right no other football clubs have thousands of passionate fans and therefore need to have a different process for no reason at all

That is my concern also.

I don't mind SD taking a back seat, it's Rodwell that's been appointed to improve the club and team now. Whether he has the credentials to run a football club will have to be seen. I say the thing about football is you improve the team the rest will take care of itself.

I don't mind SD taking a back seat, it's Rodwell that's been appointed to improve the club and team now. Whether he has the credentials to run a football club will have to be seen. I say the thing about football is you improve the team the rest will take care of itself.
A CEO will need full control to make a difference. Is this bloke going to sack Stewies mates?

Just read this article again from last year and it just leaves you sick to the back teeth. Never properly debunked by the owners. It just stinks of greed and taking the piss. Yes, they put some graft in and could have walked away with a nice profit, but no, more more more... typical f***ing Tories.

Not sure what to make of this TBH. SD reportedly bought a 10% share in Oxford United in 2015, a club he has supported all his life, whilst still Chairman of Eastleigh. Whilst Dave Jones also became a non-executive director of Oxford United in 2015. the same role he has undertaken here under SD.
On one of the podcasts he did when Madrox first bought the club (long before the director role) he said he knew them both from Oxford but clashed with Methven a lot and didn't really know Donald well.

A CEO will need full control to make a difference. Is this bloke going to sack Stewies mates?
It seems that he doesn’t think much of them, but also that he doesn’t have the authority to get rid of them. Suppose I should be grateful for point one - but it doesn’t make much difference if Dopey Donald prevents point two.

Just read this article again from last year and it just leaves you sick to the back teeth. Never properly debunked by the owners. It just stinks of greed and taking the piss. Yes, they put some graft in and could have walked away with a nice profit, but no, more more more... typical f***ing Tories.

This is where it is as SD can’t agree price, in his head we should be Championship club, which was always the plan, buy get promotion sell for £60 m plus, a massive profit but it’s all gone tits up and he can’t bring himself to sell at lower value, unlucky Stewie boy your in the dark and smelly stuff now lad and it’s all of your own making 🤦🏻‍♂️

This is where it is as SD can’t agree price, in his head we should be Championship club, which was always the plan, buy get promotion sell for £60 m plus, a massive profit but it’s all gone tits up and he can’t bring himself to sell at lower value, unlucky Stewie boy your in the dark and smelly stuff now lad and it’s all of your own making 🤦🏻‍♂️

Really annoying when fans put thousands into the club. He has worked hard with his sidekicks, fair play, but even to walk away with £1m profit for yourself would be an unbelievable life changing moment for any normal person. Sickening greed which is destroying our club and looks increasingly like the reason we lost MSD.

I want them out as do most but you’re right in saying that we shouldn’t be too surprised if the next owners are just as bad. I was chuffed to see the back of Short but don’t think I’ll celebrate another takeover again.

Back