Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

Anybody had bother with this?

got a really sore hand, X-rays today, nurse mentioned could be a touch of this. Hope not as it knacks and need it to go away
You can do some stretches to warm your wrists up before heavy typing. Ask your doctor about it. Some folks is so bad they wear a splint. Take plenty of breaks it will make you more productive. Most of all relax.

You can do some stretches to warm your wrists up before heavy typing. Ask your doctor about it. Some folks is so bad they wear a splint. Take plenty of breaks it will make you more productive. Most of all relax.
I sometimes wear a splint for bed.
Thumb, index and middle finger go numb...then it moves across my hand.

Won't be many on here with Carpal Tunnel mind.
They're all pen-pushing computer watching gets aren't they?
Lads who have or used reciprocating/vibrating machinery to any extent during their working lives won't be in abundance here.

Plus the logging of times on such machinery never became a requirement until 2005.

Anybody had bother with this?

got a really sore hand, X-rays today, nurse mentioned could be a touch of this. Hope not as it knacks and need it to go away
My lass has it in her right hand. I think she had something done about it though. I think she had an injection of some kind.

Last edited:
Had it in my right hand, had surgery (done it the same time as I had knee surgery) just a 3/4cm cut in your wrist/palm. Painful for a few days but starts to heal, never had bother since.

I suffer with it in both hands. My last EMG test said both need surgery that was 5 years ago. After a while it just becomes part of you. The worst is just holding a knife and fork and the whole of both hands are numb and the same when driving or when im out on the bike. So ultimately i would say it doesnt hinder me. 😐

Won't be many on here with Carpal Tunnel mind.
They're all pen-pushing computer watching gets aren't they?
Lads who have or used reciprocating/vibrating machinery to any extent during their working lives won't be in abundance here.

Plus the logging of times on such machinery never became a requirement until 2005.
I'm surprised you can get it from working a keyboard . I was diagnosed with it when I was carrying incredibly heavy furniture about . Sinfully heavy, made with wood only modern machinery made accessible and workable . When I retired so did the carpal tunnel problem . All part of the "hard work never hurt anybody myth".

Back