carnivore diet

I would only do butchers sausages. Obviously I'd still have to enqiure what are in them.
I think heck sausages are very high meat content as are sainsburys taste the difference ones. I had some grill steaks from sainsburys today too, they are in the freezer section, ingredients listed are beef, salt and pepper. Sure there’s cost effective ways of doing it.

I think heck sausages are very high meat content as are sainsburys taste the difference ones. I had some grill steaks from sainsburys today too, they are in the freezer section, ingredients listed are beef, salt and pepper. Sure there’s cost effective ways of doing it.

You can save a bit if you shop clever mate, for example few weeks before lockdown Steaks were above £10 per kilo, but a joint of beef was 5.67 a kilo nearly half the price! just cut the joint up yourself. You want bits of grizzle and that stuff that comes with cheaper cuts of meat, collagen is real important for your joint health and you get the amino acid Glycine from that ( also a lot in pork skin).

Stay away from lean and yes the shits is bad at first, this is due to a lack of the right enzymes, takes a little while for your body to adjust, if it gets bad lower your fat content and increase it slowly or take a enzyme supplement until it passes. Its one way why on this lifestyle its hard to over eat, you shit a lot of the fat out if you over do it. ( if sticking to whole food, beware of sugars in processed meats )

Eggs are great if cooked right, egg white has anti nutrients in it, so always make sure the egg whites are cooked firm without over cooking the yokes.

Make your own burgers! Mince is perfect for that, add nothing to it apart from a little salt and pepper, grab a handful work it together or use a burger press and just be careful when cooking, it doesn't fall apart and cheap as chips, mince was running at £3.50 a kilo get the cheapest with tons of fat. A little research will show you a lot of people eat a lot of mince to keep the cost down, I used to have a bowl of mince sounds weird but does the job.

If cost is a problem mince really is the way to go, for what I read a normal avg person needs around 2lb of beef a day, but the rule is simple eat when hungry, don't force yourself to eat when your not hungry just because its "meal time"

If done right I think your aiming for around 70% or more fat in your diet, its the fat that fuels you.

But a little warning, some people will advise dairy to get your fat content up and it really does and quite cheap, but you can easily over eat on dairy and I don't think its that healthy for us anyway.

Also don't discount offal but don't over do it, very easy to take to much, I think 1 meal a every other week using offal is perfect, I go with lambs liver as I really not keen on offal, but you need so little of it for the micros once a fortnight is fine.

The best advise is listen to your body, it really is a wonderful machine and remember at first it wont plain sailing as it does take a little time, I had a couple of other gut issues which passed after a little while.

Good luck be interested to see how you get on, I am about to restart my own personal journey as going back to the standard diet in lock down showed me how much this lifestyle changed my life for the better and cant wait to start it again.

Back