Carnivore Diet

Coeus

Striker
Anyone have any experience of this or know those who have?

Im going to start it this weekend, although extreme, it seems to be something that I could do.

whats the reason you're thinking a restrictive diet would be for you?

A little of a lot of the reasons.

Belly, Migraines, Mental Health, Simplicity, etc...

The benefits, while anecdotal, seem to be very good. Although I have zero experience in "diets" so it could be the case that they all get talked about in the same manner.

Sounds extremely unhealthy

It does, doesn't it. Although I dont place too much faith in dietitians and doctors advise on these matters. A varied balanced diet seems to be a bit of a cop out and scientific studies are extremely difficult to do, to any decent degree.

Last edited:
watch out for the constipation then

They say it isn't to bad as you absorb the majority. Im more worried about being explosive after bacon.

What are you expecting it to do for you?

Im expecting it allow me some structure and kill off a huge amount of shitty stuff that I eat.

I hope it gets rid of my belly, allows more energy, lessens brain fog, less migraines, etc...

There is a lot stuff that has been mentioned that would be really beneficial to me. Also Im interested in the dietary stuff due to one of my daughters having lots of gastro issues, the process of eliminating almost everything and then adding may give me further perspective.

Last edited:
Do you just eat meat? Sounds like an absolutely terrible idea.

Yep, one of the main guys behind it posted his blood work which was pretty terrible. Thers some people who seem to have extreme reactions to a more traditional way of eating that seem to be having good responses on it but theres no real long term studies in it. Theres some vitamins that are limited in meat (vit c for example) and not getting any fibre so who knows what effect is really having on people. I've listened too a couple people on podcasts talking about it and none of them have sounded partculary credible when its drilled into. The weight loss etc seems to be more down to calorie restriction as well.

Basically seems the paleo movement is splitting and moving either to carnivore or low carb/keto with carnivore being the lastest fad along with a rebranding of some of the low carb as nutrivore (whole food plant based with some meat). If we all adopted carnivore then the planet would be even more screwed mind.

Enjoy your acid reflux.

Hasn't kicked in yet, but thanks. Have you done it before like?

Positives so far: Memory seems to be better, not yawning throughout the day, hunger is far easier to cope with.

Negatives: Steak is pretty annoying, the restrictiveness is kicking in, I miss chocolate and chips.

Other Stuff: I've lost 8lbs.

I've had blood taken three times in the last three months, my last one was about four days into starting the diet, and I have been called in to discuss the latest results. I imagine my HDL and LDL has spiked.

Back