Carlton Miniott, thirsk and York

sofatester

Winger
Just stopped in Carlton miniott in thirsk for a weekend got back today and I have to admit it's an absolute splendid base to explore.

We stopped in a b&b in Carlton miniott opposite a great pub called the vale of York and next to thirsk railway station it's about a 25 minute walk in to thirsk centre which has a few really good bars including a very good weatherspoons

We got the train in to York yesterday and spent the day there it took 25 minutes and cost ÂŁ8 return

If you want a cheap weekend away within an hour's drive then I fully recommend this area

There's a fair few bars and it's cheaper to stay in thirsk I'm not a f***ing millionaire ffs
:lol: Please don’t take offence man. Only joshing really. Don’t mind thirsk and it’s decent price ticket to York. Bizarrely it costs a lot more to go to Northallerton from thirsk than it does York

Just stopped in Carlton miniott in thirsk for a weekend got back today and I have to admit it's an absolute splendid base to explore.

We stopped in a b&b in Carlton miniott opposite a great pub called the vale of York and next to thirsk railway station it's about a 25 minute walk in to thirsk centre which has a few really good bars including a very good weatherspoons

We got the train in to York yesterday and spent the day there it took 25 minutes and cost ÂŁ8 return

If you want a cheap weekend away within an hour's drive then I fully recommend this area
My UK house in in Thirsk on (Well just off) Station Road, you'll have walked past it on way into Thirsk by the Race Course. One of the reasons we bought in Thirsk was due to the stuff you mention.

Which company did you use to book it ?
Hoseasons ?
Looked at the site previously through them.

You could just go to York? There’s fck all in Thirsk like just a square with some shops
Once you’ve been to York a few times you’ve already seen what it has to offer, it’s good to just get away to random places.

All depends what it is you’re after, the last 4 or 5 times I’ve been to York has just been on the drink.

You can do that anywhere and cheaper and we do a fair few times a year.

It’s good to explore.

Stay at woodland lakes lodges at least once a year, back there next Friday for 3 nights as it happens, love the place, always have a walk to Thirsk with pit stops at the Dog and Gun, Vale of York, all great atmospheres. Usually go into York on the Saturday for the day too.

My UK house in in Thirsk on (Well just off) Station Road, you'll have walked past it on way into Thirsk by the Race Course. One of the reasons we bought in Thirsk was due to the stuff you mention.
Wife and I stayed in that pub on the opposite side of the road to the save course 20 odd years ago , is it still there even ?

Wife and I stayed in that pub on the opposite side of the road to the save course 20 odd years ago , is it still there even ?
I've only been there 6 years, only pub I know actually close to the far end of the course is the Old Red House Pub and Guest Rooms. Might have been others pre Tesco and Aldi down by the main stand end.

Back