Carlitos Way

Early role for Viggo Mortensen too.

Weirdly unbalanced film but very entertaining; and yes, better than Scarface.
Think he was in like 4 or 5 films that year, one I noticed him for was one called American Yakuza :lol:

Aye, just checked IMDB
Young Americans, Boiling Point, American Yakuza and Carlitos Way all 93. Some going that. Didn’t realise he was in Young Guns 2 :eek:

Think he was in like 4 or 5 films that year, one I noticed him for was one called American Yakuza :lol:

Aye, just checked IMDB
Young Americans, Boiling Point, American Yakuza and Carlitos Way all 93. Some going that. Didn’t realise he was in Young Guns 2 :eek:

His part in Young Americans is fairly hefty compared to Carlitos way. A young Thandi Newton as well, must have been an early role for her.

Prefer Carlitos way to Scarface.

Carlito's Way is canny average. It's far too long and the love interest scenes are far too cheesy. Love the chase scene at the end.

Noticing a lot of negativity towards Scarface recently. I think, along with Body Double, it's De Palma's best work. It's genius satire which goes over a lot of peoples' heads.

I used to enjoy a gangster flick, but I eventually realised that it's just a load of man-babies squealing around shouting family and respect at each other, with their actions neither being good for their families nor showing respect. Basically immature blokes with guns and that.

Carlito's Way is canny average. It's far too long and the love interest scenes are far too cheesy. Love the chase scene at the end.

Noticing a lot of negativity towards Scarface recently. I think, along with Body Double, it's De Palma's best work. It's genius satire which goes over a lot of peoples' heads.
I think pound for pound Scarface is certainly a better accomplishment, but as a film I'd rather sit and watch Carlito's Way.

Just as Godfather and Godfather II are tremendous, nay perfect, films but I'd rather watch Goodfellas.:lol:

Back